***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Associate
And I know of a place where they sell tin foil hats.

Really!

Google is offering a phenomenal deal with the Nexus 4. It is essentially the LG Optimus G phone without 4G. Check out the pricing of the LG Optimus G SIM free.

Thinking beyond the Nexus 4, Google is really disrupting the pricing models for high end smartphones. Apple profit margin on the iPhone is 55%. Google sells its high end Nexus 4 for close to break-even hoping to make money on app and content sales. If Google gets buyers thinking that high end smartphones should not be priced beyond $ 300 (£ 250 here with VAT) SIM free, watch iPhone margins collapse.

Will Google be successful in disrupting pricing like this? I think so. 2013 will be an interesting year for smartphone pricing.

Associate
Your Nexus 4 order is scheduled to ship this week. We’ll send you a notification, including tracking information, when it’s on the way.

Please note that your order will be charged in full when it ships. As a courtesy and to thank you for your patience, you’ll then receive a credit for the shipping charge within 7 business days.

Thanks again,

The Google Play Team

Holy ****.. getting nexus 4. 7 and 10 delivered this week then!!

Soldato
ehlxld.gif

Soldato
whats with all the people buying cases that cover the back... bah its the best part of the design! :D

get a slip case

I would very much like original bumper case but its way too expensive....
I don't remember when I bought a case for a mobile last time...
Last time I bought one, I stopped using it after two days....will see how it goes with this one.

Oh, and I don't like slip cases ;)

Associate
Received at 00:05

Your Nexus 4 order is scheduled to ship this week. We’ll send you a notification, including tracking information, when it’s on the way.

Please note that your order will be charged in full when it ships. As a courtesy and to thank you for your patience, you’ll then receive a credit for the shipping charge within 7 business days.

Thanks again,

The Google Play Team

© 2012 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You've received this mandatory service announcement email to provide you with important information related to your purchase from Google Play.

Don't know if it's a random one they found in a warehouse or sign of a new shipment that has arrived but thought I'd let others in limbo know...

Edit : I see a few others have received it. Looks like good news for all back orders then :)

Associate
any one recommend any decent headphones for this phone....preferably wrap around back of head jobs as buds tickle me too much or fall out on the run....Ive got some sony ones from 10 years ago and they are about to die. They were about 19.99 at the time but are knackered. Just needs decent bass and good top end not fussed about going OTT with audiofile stuff. Will be using lossless formats so needs to drive that. Thanks guys.

Soldato
Exactly what I ended up doing after a lot of faffing about ......here tomorrow! Waiting for a insurance claim on old S2 so will use what ever I get from that to offset the cost. Had to get a bumper from google store as looks nice!!!

I was considering this last night, but I might just wait. Off to Thailand in 3.5weeks for the festive period, so I won't exactly NEED to get rid of my HTC Desire before then. My god I want to get rid of it like I want a 3 some with swedish 18yr old twins, but I can wait!

Hopefully us non-owners will be able to order them soon!

Man of Honour
Hope they'll make it available for me to order from the play store v soon.

No doubt they'll make it available on Thursday when I'm at event for 5 days.

Associate
any one recommend any decent headphones for this phone....preferably wrap around back of head jobs as buds tickle me too much or fall out on the run....Ive got some sony ones from 10 years ago and they are about to die. They were about 19.99 at the time but are knackered. Just needs decent bass and good top end not fussed about going OTT with audiofile stuff. Will be using lossless formats so needs to drive that. Thanks guys.

How did you get a pair of in ear headphones to last that long? Even sitting at a desk I find the cables go sooner or later.

I swear by my Ultimate Ears (now logitech owned) Super.Fi 5 Pros. Pricey but have found the removable cable great as it can be replaced without having to get a whole new set of headphones. Unfortunately they don't do wrap around ones, but they are styled after professional in ear monitors so have flexible cables that go round the back of your ears to hold them in place. The more expensive ones might give a bit low volume as I'm not sure the output on the Nexus 4 will drive them that well. Will let you know when mines arrive. I've gone through many pairs of Sony ones (usually ~£50), Shure and a few other more highstreet consumer brands, but since getting the UEs I've only had to replace the cable once so think overall they have saved me money, and having two drivers (like having a woofer and tweeter in your ear!) in each headphone gives it amazing fidelity.

Back
Top Bottom