Plumbers - Which one is CH?

Associate
Plumbers - Which one is CH? [updated]

Hi all,

I found out my CH actuator had failed a lil while ago. Just curious which one is it? Can you tell from the picture? The black one Drayton is 5 wire, the white Sunvic is 4wire.

Thx in advance

JB8zU.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
bump, updated picture. red one has a pipe going to the base of the cylinder you see in the right corner of the pic

Last edited:
Permabanned
Need to see the boiler connections

And pan left to see the rest of pipework.

Dunno really, need moar pics, you could be referring to an immersion heater as a boiler for all I know :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
i just took both actuators off, and realised the black one, rattles. so something is loose inside. So atm im guessing the black one is the failed one.

Both valves are turn-able by hand with not much force at all. which is good i gather so no draining of system is needed

Associate
OP
RaRWD.jpg

where i've drawn the red box, at the top is a red small cylinder, prob holds 10L tops has a pressure valve thing on it.

Soldato
It's the blue Drayton one (the extra wire is just an earth btw). What you are incorrectly calling the "boiler" is the hot water cylinder.

If you're going to change it yourself make sure the mains power for the central heating system is off as the grey wire is permanently live otherwise. Also the actuator is completely removable without getting wet ;) .

Associate
OP
thanks for confirming St0rmer :)

I was a lil cautious about removing the actuators, but when i removed the drayton instantly there are 2-3 loose parts floating around, so definitely broken lol. Just need to pop to B&Q to get a volt meter.

Will definitely turn off the mains power, and pull out the fuse before touching it.

Back
Top Bottom