Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Soldato
Best AR at low rank has to be the Type 25.
Best SMG is the PDW or MSMC a bit later on.
Best LMG is the LSAT, use the default Heavy Gunner class to start ranking it up.

To be fair I think that all the SMGs are good. I'v tried using various SMGs (mainly the MP7 and MSMC) and I find that they all perform similarly (as in, they are all very good) and I don't even notice the difference after a while.

Soldato
Enjoying this game during the day, I can probably average 1.5-2 K/D over a session but try playing after midnight and I'm lucky to get 0.5. Preference set to best.

Is it just me? :confused:

At a guess... setting it to "Best" would limit connections to people with good low pings which should mostly be in the UK. Since a lot of people are off to bed sometime around at midnight then the game has to relax its search it bit since there's less people around with low pings. It probably starts pairing you up with americans since they're still awake, being 5 to 8 hours behind. Longer distance = slightly increased pings = bit more lag = worse K/D for you.

Setting the search to any other setting wouldn't make any difference since it's not going to wake up those UK people that went to bed.

As for me, I get raped any time of day, I'm just that good :D

Associate
I really like the fact that you can use all the multiplayer weapons (and then some) in the campaign but one thing that's really annoying, something that I find really annoying in all the other CoD's, is that there are certain cutscenes that you can't skip. My favourite level in the first Black Ops was preceded by about five minutes of unskipable dialogue with little to no interactivity and unfortunately the same is true for this game... at least it's worth the wait because I know of no other game that lets you ride on horse back through the Afghan desert whilst shooting down Soviet helicopters with a minigun from the future.

Associate
when using PDW i seem to get outshot a lot more. Not sure why.

The minimum damage is the same as all the other SMGs at 18 and on the lower ROF it shares with the MSMC that theoretically puts you behind the other SMGs and most of the other weapons on time to kill at distance.

Apparently there's also suppressor bug on the PDW-57 which shows you on the mini map every time you fire.

Associate
Can i ask anyone that gets picked as host are you on fastpath? How are you getting picked as host
i have only been host twice out of like 70 games
15ms ping 20meg upload

wonder if this game picks host on ping..because if you're on fastpath it will be like 5ms ping etc

I know if you're host it says awaiting challenge ? I have only see that msg a few times it should be giving me host more times tho on wired also

It gives me host when it has to change midgame when they first host it picked was really lagging

Associate
Just unlocked ghost and what a difference! Averaged around 3.00 the last 5 games. With all the UAV spam I think people have become too reliant on seeing you before you come around that corner.

Caporegime
The minimum damage is the same as all the other SMGs at 18 and on the lower ROF it shares with the MSMC that theoretically puts you behind the other SMGs and most of the other weapons on time to kill at distance.

Apparently there's also suppressor bug on the PDW-57 which shows you on the mini map every time you fire.

Yet i seem to get on better with the MSMC.

Go figure ..

Associate
Eh? Maybe this explains me dying countless times, how do they do that?

I just mean the red dots on the HUD. It's easy to predict when somebody is about to come around a corner blind.

That auto targeting scope looks noobie. Yeah look at my 5kd. Yeah cos you use the targeting scope, right?

I don't use it much but I do find it helpful on carrier with a AR, too hard to see people running about or prone under airplanes on that map.

Last edited:
Associate
Does any perk delay explosions like mw3, amount of bettys is ridiculous.

Not that I know of, engineer and black hat pda works well for me though. Lets you turn them into your own betties from a decent range and through walls.

Especially good when they've barricaded themselves in a room with them around there feet.

I guess lightweight might work but it's not a good idea to go sprinting around a corner into a room someone has trapped...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom