***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
Got to be said, it's a pretty amazing camera in low light levels, I could barely see the fence panels after the first one, it was a damn sight darker than what it look like.

kwHSO.jpg

Associate
has anybody made a video..i am keen to know how the optical image stabilisation is on the phone.because everytimt i try it it still comes out shaky.

any setting witht he camera willbe helpful beause im a noob at photography and iso settings and all that malarkey

Soldato
You can see the noise reduction kicking in but still, that shot of the fence is pretty amazing for a phone camera. That's what image stabilization will do for you though - with moving subjects it's a bit different.

Associate
i seen some videos on youtube at demos etc.. and they shae the camera whilst recording, and on the plaback its kinda still.
or is that just on the prototype devices.. will the retial versions have some sort of update for this to happen?

Associate
i seen some videos on youtube at demos etc.. and they shae the camera whilst recording, and on the plaback its kinda still.
or is that just on the prototype devices.. will the retial versions have some sort of update for this to happen?

That's down to the springs on the lens reducing the amount of shake, all versions should provide it.

Associate

Given the size of the window in the back of the phone it can't really smooth out large movements. I found it very good at eliminating smaller movements.

Ultimately if smooth video is your aim then you need to use a plugin to reduce movement. These tend to crop the video slightly and "pan and scan" to reduce drastic movement.

You need to see the results of two phones in the same situation and compare the results since you can't look at the output of one device and conclude it isn't working.

Associate
[RXP]Andy;23257099 said:
Now that's what you call support!

You make it sound spectacular...spectacular would have been their team working night and day and getting it fixed in a couple of days, this is just average.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
You make it sound spectacular...spectacular would have been their team working night and day and getting it fixed in a couple of days, this is just average.

Compared to Apple & Android, MS has been very good at supporting the OS.

EDIT: That's just from past experiences, as I have come from a 3GS > SE ARC > SGS2 > L800 > L920

Last edited:
Associate

You obviously have no idea of the software development process in large companies.

It is likely to be a change to the kernel and or a driver that requires a full regression test cycle so as to ensure that nothing else breaks as a result.

Associate
I really like how so many features of WP8 are beautifully integrated into the system, I think they may just be a bit too subtle at times.
I discovered last night that tapping the left edge of the screen, next to a message, in email or messaging brings up check boxes that allow multiple selection/deletion.

I'm sure I've seen people moaning about having to individually delete mails/messages, so there is the solution. Subtle.

Back
Top Bottom