System/Graphics drivers issue.

Associate
I'm not sure if i'm being fobbed off or not , but... I purchased the following system: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-270-OK with 8gb ram.

Installed Windows 7 Ultmate 64bit on it, but couldn't get any better screen resolution than 1280 x 1024, and aero doesn't work.

So using the disk that came with the motherboard I installed the drivers for the onboard graphics.. restarted the system as requested for changes to take effect. Only it couldn't restart got the black screen saying 'start windows normally' or 'repair' so when I choose to start windows normally it blue screens and restarts. When I repair it rolls back to a previous restore point before the graphics drivers are instaled.

So I went to the Gigabyte website and downloaded the latest drivers (newer than those on the CD) but the same thing happens.

So I go in to device manager and update drivers from there allowing windows to automatically install the drivers, but the same thing happens again.

I check for problems with Aero, and it tells me that the current video card (onboard) may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM). Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver.

I'm being told that the chip in the i3 is not powerful enough thats why it's crashing.

I find this strange becuase my old system:
Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R (mATX)
E2140
GeIL 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC2-6400C4 800MHz
Running Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Was capable of running Aero and higher resolutions with the onboard graphics.

Now I admit I am out of the loop so i'm looking for some clarification, and potentially advice on a budget low end graphics card.

Associate
I'm not sure specifically what is going on with your problem but I can can safely say that the in-built graphics of the i3 is well able to run aero. I build i3 based laptops here on a daily basis and all run aero fine.

Back
Top Bottom