Need help with Twitter

Associate
Hi guys.

Right I've finally gone onto Twitter for general updates on drivers and things I find of interest. It's very handy for that. The problem is people being able to add them selves to my following list without my say so and it's driving me nuts.

As far as I'm away I've set Twitter up so no one can follow me without asking for my permission, retweets are turned off from the eight things I'm currently following but some how different people are appearing on my tweets wall.

Here is a small picture of what I'm seeing currently. The black arrows are the dodgy entries:

Argh.jpg

And here is another one from my Lumia 920 a couple of nights ago:

Argh2.jpg

Now I deleted all of the devices apart from the PC that was allowed to access my Twitter account (Lumia 920 & iPad 3) just to see if any of those devices were acting up and allowing people to just add them selves to my following list but this morning I looked and the top picture is what I saw :/

Does anyone know how I can turn off or get rid for ever people adding them selves to my following list ? Like I've said I've never allowed them in the first place and I want to keep my Twitter "spam free".

Thanks in advance peeps :)

Soldato
Two of the ones you have pointed to are ReTweets from the other person you're following.

Double check that you're not following ASKIR / ASHIR. If you're not then maybe just try following and then unfollowing as it may be a bug in the system.
I find that sometimes disabling retweets gets buggy too so I have to reset that option as well.

https://support.twitter.com/articles/164083-what-is-a-twitter-timeline#

Soldato
Retweets are a core part of the system so that is something you're stuck with no matter what client you use. As a twitter user I also wish that retweets could be disabled as a lot of companies kind of abuse it i.e retweeting reviews of their products repeatedly.

Associate
Somebody following you makes no difference, you don't get notifications from followers only people you are following.

Associate
OP
Thanks again for the information guys.

So it's "normal" behaviour for others to add them selves to my following list without my concession ? Have I got that right ?

Edit: From the eight people I've set to follow, all have been set to no retweets.

Associate
OP
I currently have:

Windows Phone by Microsoft Corporation
Twitter for iPad by Twitter
Microsoft by Microsoft Corporation (Application for connecting Microsoft products to Twitter)
Twitter for Windows Phone by Twitter client for Windows Phone

And that's it.

Associate
Ok i dont know then. That is normally the problem when you have weird tweets appearing.

Sorry cant help you much futher.

You could try a better program then Twitter, grab Hootsuite, maybe that will clear up your problem. I only use Hootsuite.

Back
Top Bottom