Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Wouln't touch Pumaspeed myself. I hate to sound like a fan boi because i'm really not but after using Jamsport, Pumabuild before the only company who i'd want working on my car is Mountune.

Pumabuild can be good or bad but don't do much ST stuff. JamSport just bug me with their attitude and some of the stuff i've seen from them is quite bad but they also do some amazing stuff.

Soldato
Anyone know of any more news on the 2013 Ecoboost Fiesta ST?

For some reason I feel like I should buy one brand new... economical, cheap tax (£120 a year I believe), surely a mountune stage one kit will take it to 210BHP, eibach springs, warranty unaffected... interesting and something I could own for a long time :)

Soldato
Orders are being taken next month I think with a March release date?

Mountune have got a performance upgrade for the Focus Ecoboost 1.6 which takes it to 200BHP for £995.

Only thing with these is 17k starting price is a lot, and will probably depreciate quite a lot in the first few years.

Soldato
If they're 10k after one year then 1) that would be unreal and 2) I'd definitely buy one lol.

I've only had my Civic a year really.. maybe I should run to 2.5 years on it then get one of these used.

I'm looking forward to getting a test drive in one of these :) Not expecting them to be lightening quick but I think the cost of parts, servicing, tax, insurance, fuel economy vs overall power, pace, how they drive, fun you can have will be great.

Soldato
I was thinking of not bothering with the MR200 and getting a new Fiesta, but I thought of the possible depreciation and thought I'd be best off keeping my current car and enjoying it for another year or more, by that time the prices will have come down.

I would keep hold of your car, but it's up to you :)

Soldato
I think I will do for a bit... it's a good car! The only pain is I do 17k a year or so and 90% is around town. Not cheap on the old go go juice! It's been reliable but sometimes it's tiresome ragging the hell outta it to get it to go quickly, but when you're in the mood it's good. The new ST sounds ideal and should be good on fuel when going steady, loads cheaper tax (260 a year mine is) and insurance.

A lot of my mates own Fords too now and I think from the social aspect I'd enjoy ownership of the new ST as well :)

maj

maj

Soldato
What brake pads do people use? There's a group buy on STOC for EBC pads (green, red, yellow) but I'm hearing mixed reviews on the green ones. Think the red and yellow would be overkill for day to day road use.

Soldato
Greens are good, better than ford spec. I've killed a set after multiple track days because they overheated and cracked up, but I am a bit hardcore. On road and a novice trackday they are perfect though.

Reds never fade however they are extremely rough on the discs. They warm up pretty fast, but don't get as hot as greens. They don't create as much dust either.

What about trying ds2500 pads?

maj

maj

Soldato
The ds2500 pads do seems rather expensive but then again you don't want to be cheap when dealing with brakes. Have heard good things about the mintex 1144 pads as well.

Associate
What springs are people lowered on here?

I was looking at some Eibach Extra Low by Rude Racing after Christmas, but I found out today that they've been discontinued. Don't really have the need nor desire for coilovers at more than twice the price.

Soldato
Wouln't touch Pumaspeed myself. I hate to sound like a fan boi because i'm really not but after using Jamsport, Pumabuild before the only company who i'd want working on my car is Mountune.

Pumabuild can be good or bad but don't do much ST stuff. JamSport just bug me with their attitude and some of the stuff i've seen from them is quite bad but they also do some amazing stuff.

Yeah JamSport seem to be very hit and miss on the comments, it IS mostly positive though but the general consensus is that if you want a good remap, AMD is the way to go. Thought about it a little more and I'll definitely get a custom map instead of the PS190 since I'm going to be using Newman cams and not the Cosworth ones so it won't be perfect :)

Soldato
I was always put off at JamSport, however my day up there while they fixed my box and showed me stuff really bought them up in my estimations. Remember, your more likely to hear bad reviews than good ones.

Pumaspeed however do have a tendency to over estimate there power figures. The 182 kit for instance will never make 182 without cams. Once you add cams to that kit you only gain 8bhp, yet with other kits from Jamsport and Mountune adding cams adds 15-20bhp... So that 182kit is blatantly over rated in there minds.

Associate
What springs are people lowered on here?

I was looking at some Eibach Extra Low by Rude Racing after Christmas, but I found out today that they've been discontinued. Don't really have the need nor desire for coilovers at more than twice the price.

Really?! Interesting! I just picked up a set for my girlfriend's birthday. How romantic!

She loved them though so it's fine. I just need to fit them now.

Associate
I have Eibach Pro - kit 35mm on mine. Look so much better then standard and think it gives it a decent drop. I will see if I can grab a picture some time today so you can see.

Would be appreciated. I'm just worried about spending all that money and the pro kit not going low enough! :(

Really?! Interesting! I just picked up a set for my girlfriend's birthday. How romantic!

She loved them though so it's fine. I just need to fit them now.

Must have got one of the last sets. Did you get it direct from Rude Racing?

C.K

C.K

Associate
Hi guys,

The 2 previous MOT's for my ST both have the same advisory - Front brake imbalance. It only just passes!

I am going to replace the discs and pads all round as ECP currently have a 31% discount code on until tomorrow.

Will this most likely sort the imbalance out? Should I top up and bleed the brakes or get it flushed with new fluid altogether? Is it easy enough to do myself?

Cheers,
Adam.

Associate
I was thinking of not bothering with the MR200 and getting a new Fiesta, but I thought of the possible depreciation and thought I'd be best off keeping my current car and enjoying it for another year or more, by that time the prices will have come down.

I would keep hold of your car, but it's up to you :)

Im in the same predicament! I really was toying with the idea of getting the MR200 kit (pretty much going from standard so it would be quite a jump!) but I didnt know whether to just save the money and put it towards a focus ST / new fiesta. As you said new cars depreciate fast and I dont know if I could justify the £17k pricetag

Associate
Im in the same predicament! I really was toying with the idea of getting the MR200 kit (pretty much going from standard so it would be quite a jump!) but I didnt know whether to just save the money and put it towards a focus ST / new fiesta. As you said new cars depreciate fast and I dont know if I could justify the £17k pricetag

Once my ST is dropped on some form of lowering spring, I'd not be doing anything else personally. Or very little in terms of expensive stuff. All going well, I'd hopefully be getting a graduate position with the company I'm with now, and that'd hopefully see the ST become a Focus RS.

Who knows, only time will tell...

Back
Top Bottom