iPad Mini...

Man of Honour
Wow these things are a pain to get hold of. Are Apple always this poor at demand forecasting and making sure they actually have the ability to produce what they are advertising? :p

Went to Birmingham after 2 today - nothing, anywhere.

Apple site is comical - '2 week' despatch which actually means an 'estimated delivery date' of 27th December. How is 27 days '2 weeks'? You can pay them an extra tenner to shave a week off that, nice. Do they put it into a special room for cheapskates for a week before despatching it unless you pay the tenner? :p

Soldato
Wow these things are a pain to get hold of. Are Apple always this poor at demand forecasting and making sure they actually have the ability to produce what they are advertising?

There is a theory that they do this on purpose to make demand look even more impressive.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;23283520 said:
It might not be what Apple are doing but it is a market strategy that is sometimes used. It usually ensures enough media coverage to stoke the hype for longer.

Source/Proof?

Man of Honour
I went in to pick up a reserved iPhone 5, the other day. They had an express check out zone set up at the front of the store, where they had lots of iPhones/iPads/iPods/etc arranged on a big table. This was in Sheffield. Perhaps any nearby stores and see if they're doing something similar?

Same thing in Birmingham, but they only had the 64gb one.

Oddly you cannot reserve like you can with iPhone 5 either.

Managed to pick up a black iPad Mini 64 gig today at the Trafford Centre. They had 4 left on a table at the express checkout.

Its the perfect device for taking all my tv episodes on the go with me. I love the form factor it really is a brilliant sized device. Lets hope the 2nd version gets an A6+ 1 Gig ram and retina.

2nd day with the mini now and I have to say its fantastic. I just nevered used my ipad 1. Sure iOS5 killed it but even so I hated how large it was. I have an iPhone, 27" iMac, Apple TV. iPad 1..Now iPad Mini and it really does get the use I intended the original iPad to be used for.

Very happy (Although obviously too pricey)

Associate
Surely she could return it for a full refund on basis it's not opened, and then get John Lewis 2 year guarantee if it's a major worry? Bit of an effort though.

Back
Top Bottom