Defect/issue tracking systems

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I have the requirement for a defect/issue tracking system (to be used as part of a testing process) and just wondering what anyone here uses for this?

I have an idea in my head going on things I've done previously on how I need/want the system to work, but just wondered what people here have had experience in using.

It is needed to track testing over multiple projects, so you can say select a project/test then drill down into it to see the issues found for that particular test.

Associate
We're currently using Gemini from countersoft... recently upgraded to v5 and the speed / functionality on their issue list grid is pretty amazing. Can set up different types of projects / workflows so can be used for more than just issue tracking.

Previously used mantis and whilst free, it's pretty basic.

Associate
We use JIRA, linked with our code repo and Confluence (which is superb) it works amazingly well. Had a thing for FogBugz but their pricing for startups is crap, and the JIRA>Confluence>Repo hook up beats any small advantage FogBugz may bring hands down.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
OP
Cheers guys will take a look at some of these :)

A friend of mine mentioned Mantis and I spun up a test instance of Bugzilla to see what that was like, haven't had the chance to play with that yet though.

Also need to see what the Rational products can do as I know we will be starting to use a lot of those tools soon.

(fwiw my requirements are development related, but I need to track issues related to testing of sorts).

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
OP
Did a quick eval install of Jiri and it seems good, reckon that'd do the trick if I spent some time on the config of all the little bits :)

Back
Top Bottom