***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Caporegime
Russinating, didn't you have a one X before?

How are you finding the screen of the n4 compared to the X as well as the camera & audio (mainly loudspeaker) overall?

Soldato
Russinating, didn't you have a one X before?

How are you finding the screen of the n4 compared to the X as well as the camera & audio (mainly loudspeaker) overall?

I did yeah. Screen is as good if not better. Haven't noticed any sensitivity issues and it seems to resist finger prints more than the HOX did which is always nice.

Camera is good but to be honest I haven't used it much other than messing about with the 360 panorama. Equally haven't used the loudspeaker at all but was on Spotify on my walk home tonight and no noticeable difference without Beats or anything.

How did you manage to get £125 off, cpw staff discount? If so what percentage did you get off as a discount?

American Express card discounts, £25 per card.

Associate
I did yeah. Screen is as good if not better. Haven't noticed any sensitivity issues and it seems to resist finger prints more than the HOX did which is always nice.

Camera is good but to be honest I haven't used it much other than messing about with the 360 panorama. Equally haven't used the loudspeaker at all but was on Spotify on my walk home tonight and no noticeable difference without Beats or anything.

American Express card discounts, £25 per card.

Lol sweet! I take it you have 5 cards?

Caporegime
Beats does bugger all really, and the One X has an awful DAC, no noticeable difference isn't much of a compliment ;)

I personally find beats does make a difference, makes music sound much better/louder on my S, although it really is just a equaliser preset....

The audio on the X is pretty decent, not as good compared to the GS 3 and S though, however, with the JB update it has supposedly improved by quite a bit, but still not as good as the S and GS 3 :p, at the bottom of the page:

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x_plus-review-845p7.php

N4 should be better as it uses the qualcomm WCD9310 audio codec, which is used in the GS 3 USA version and the one S, they perform superbly, afaik the only device to beat them in gsmarena's test is the GS 3 international version. Although some people say the sound quality isn't as good (more so the loudspeaker), will probably be fixed/improved with a software update.

Speaking of gsmarena, where the hell is their review, taking forever.......

Associate
No one seems to have posted the CPW deal on this yet - £26pm on Orange, free handset, various tariffs. Seems good to me. O2 offered to pricematch a CPW deal at £90 upfront then £26pm the other day when I enquired about an upgrade, so I'm going to see if I can get them to match this, and if so then I'll go for it.

Got a link on that?

Associate
Can anyone recommend a good case for the Nexus 4? I've looked in a few shops and it seems none are available yet.

Ideally I'd like one with a transparent back so I can still see the sparkly things :cool:

Associate
Can anyone recommend a good case for the Nexus 4? I've looked in a few shops and it seems none are available yet.

Ideally I'd like one with a transparent back so I can still see the sparkly things :cool:

The official bumper is undoubtedly going to be the best thing.

Don't need screen protectors, the glass they use is more scratch resistant than any plastic that gets put on to it!

Associate
the glass they use is more scratch resistant than any plastic that gets put on to it!

While the glass may be good, unlike a plastic screen protector it's not easy to replace when damaged. Also the screen protector plastic would add a small amount of impact resistance should the bumper not protect it from a drop (e.g. onto bumpy tarmac).

So I'm still hunting for a good front and rear glass protector.

Can anyone recommend a car cradle for it yet? I've bought a generic car USB charger and retractable cable for use when driving... I understand Google maps is good for turn by turn navigation by sat nav.

Back
Top Bottom