Christmas Morning

Soldato
We'll be at my folks' this year so it'll be the traditional routine:
Stockings in bed
Get up about 8 for breakfast
Help get the dinner going
Pressies about 10:30-11 with a glass of something bubbly - the kids hand all the presents out & then everyone gets stuck in
Lunch about 13:30
Fall asleep on the sofa
Cake, mince pies, coldcuts, more drinks, film, playing with pressies for the rest of the afternoon & evening.

Soldato
Finish work are 4pm on Xmas Eve so its home to get the veg peeled, cook the Xmas gammon and make stuffing. Finish off the evening with a Chinese with my parents and the kids.

Xmas Day, kids will wake us up early and we will watch them open the stockings, before heading downstairs to open a few presents each for them both. I and the wife then make some Xmas morning muffins - http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/CHRISTMAS-MORNING-MUFFINS-5239

My parents then come over to spend the day, will be a bit different this year as my Mum is working in the morning. Presents, dinner and then tea.

Boxing day, cold buffet, including bubble and squeak for the wife.

Soldato
wake up, have xmas breakfast,

toasted brioche, with scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, champagne and orange juice.

open presents, etc drinking more champagne

Xmas Dinner around 3pm with the Good champagne

cheese and biscuits around 7pm, with more champagne

Kir Royale Cocktails for a nightcap

bed

Associate
Get up around 8am.
Wait for everyone else to get up before heading downstairs in age order (youngest first)
Open stockings and have some breakfast.
All head to church with my Mum
Home about 12 noon
Finish prep for dinner and get things in the oven.
Quick bite to eat for lunch then presents.
Go for the Christmas day walk
Back home to warm up and stuff ourselves with turkey
Veg out in front of the TV.

/Salsa

Permabanned
Kids will probably be up at 6ish, do their stockings whilst im moping in bed and moaning that I didn't sleep enough.

Then get up, breakfast, presents and then in laws for the day of drink and food and presents and just kids being kids.

I moan about it, but really its the best as once you stop being the kid that believes in Christmas... the best thing is seeing 3 children believing and all the magic that surrounds that.

Soldato
I'll have almost all of Christmas dinner (except veg) and the buffet prepared the day/evening before.

Christmas day:

Up at 9am: Get any stuff that needs preparing done for dinner
midday: TO THE PUB UP THE HILL!
2pm: To the LOCAL PUB!
3pm: Get veg and stuff on for dinner.
~4pm: Dinner
4:30pm: Watch some films, pick at buffet until....
11pm: Probably pass out.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Even though my girls are 25 & 23 we will go through the same stupid ritual.
They will come running into our bedroom jumping up & down on our bed pretending they're all excited. I'll go down the stairs pretending I'm getting Santa & Rudolph out of the house while making neighing noises and then once they are gone I tell the girls to come down where we all sit together opening presents. I then go back up to bed for a hour or two.

Soldato
Love Love Love Xmas Day

This year we are doing Xmas lunch so our usual Family get together on Xmas eve is off.

Will be up at around 5.00am with the boys. Watch them open their pressies for an hour or two. Quick Bacon Buttie then get ready for dropping the pressies off at her mum's then her Grandma's then my Mum's. Back home for 11.30 latest.

Down the club for 12.00 latest

Chez Loki for 14.00 for Xmas dinner.

16.00 Xmas Day Film - Madagascar 3

17.00 Games and Singstar.

by Nine everyone will have gone home, kids in bed and Mrs L will be fast asleep. Time for Loki to unwind and watch one of his Xmas Blu Ray's

Extended family all stay at my parents. Get up at 8:30-ish. Host gives stockings to all generations staying here. Smoked salmon breakfast. Elf duty, hand presents around from under the tree. Slap-up feed that takes up all afternoon. Everyone intoxicated by 4PM.

Soldato
I get up, get dressed and what not, drive with my brother to pick up my grandma. Then drive to my mum and dads house, open prezzies. Eat food. Chat for a bit but I don't drink. Then head round to a mates house where we all gather in the evening for a party.

I don't like getting drunk at my parents house as I would have to sleep over and I can only handle so much of them.

Caporegime
Work for triple pay for the first part of the day, and then dinner with the family after, followed by going to the grandparents house for tea and maybe sitting around talking and watching TV. I also like to go for a walk in the cold at Christmas, especially if it has been snowing. Everyone is inside and it is really peaceful wherever you go.

Caporegime
This year I'm working Christmas night so on Christmas Eve I'll probably stay up until stupid o clock. Christmas Day I'll wake about half 11, have a shower, exchange gifts with the gf, drive to my Mum's for Christmas lunch, exchange gifts with her and my sisters then just kill time until work which starts at 11pm. :mad:

Associate
Xmas day routine? Working - usually works every year on this day as it's one of the key days we can allow downtime for major changes/projects at work. We decided to celebrate Xmas/3 Kings day on the 6th January 2013 instead.

Caporegime
Sleep in, get up, make a coffee, nice continental breakfast, open presents, call family, light lunch, go for a walk, start cooking dinner, eat Xmas cake with Xmas tea, champagne, dinner, spirits and card games.

Soldato
Get up, go to work, or if I'm on nights, get home and go to bed.

When you work in the drinking water industry (mains water) Christmas is a bit of a non-event... not too bothered though 'cos I'm a miserable git anyway!:o:p

Back
Top Bottom