WARNING: Three £6.90, NO AYCE for £3!

Soldato
Hi guys,

This is just a warning. Myself and a few others have mentioned how this solution may be possible. I'd like to state that I've been on the phone to Three for a good hour and a half now, and it is NOT possible. 1GB of data for £5 per month extra, NOT £3 for AYCE.

I'm sorry for giving out false information, I wouldn't have done so if it weren't for Three's sales team lying about it, as well as Three on Twitter, and Three's T&Cs being very obscure (one page suggests you can, one suggests you can't) etc.

Your choices for good value unlimited data are:
  • giffgaff £12 goodybag, unlimited free gg-to-gg calls (60 minutes then redial, or you'll be charged), texts, and unlimited data. £144 per year, one-month rolling equivalent.
  • Three with TCB cashback (£48.78 at 101%) at £15.90 per month, with 600 minutes, 5000 texts, unlimited Three-to-Three calls, and unlimited data (on a great 3G network). £142.02 per year, 12 month contract.
  • Virgin Mobile SIM £12, 150 minutes, unlimited texts and data. £144 per year, one month rolling.
  • Virgin Starter SIM £15, as above, 250 minutes. £180 per year, one month rolling.
  • Virgin Essential SIM, £17, as above, 1200 minutes. £204 per year, one month rolling.
There are probably more, but these are the ones that come up most often, and either have no FUPs (Three), or FUPs that you are unlikely to hit.

Sorry again for the false information given. Maybe a mod can sticky this for a couple of weeks to ensure that nobody goes through this trouble?

Many thanks all.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
GG 12-15 ppm is where its at :D

No unlimited data tethering though.
And even if you get a tethering tarrif of 1GB it doesn't work on iPhones.
Combined with rubbish 3G network. They are from the best deal these days.

I'm going to go for Virgin and carry a three sim if I know I'll need mobile Internet. For example I'm stuck in the works van for 12hours excluding traveling. In a relatively remote area.

Be great if op could include the Fup details and unlimited tethering tarrifs.

Last edited:
Soldato
No unlimited data tethering though.
And even if you get a tethering tarrif of 1GB it doesn't work on iPhones.
Combined with rubbish 3G network. They are from the best deal these days.

I'm going to go for Virgin and carry a three sim if I know I'll need mobile Internet. For example I'm stuck in the works van for 12hours excluding traveling. In a relatively remote area.

Be great if op could include the Fup details and unlimited tethering tarrifs.

you can tether on any package and you can with a iphone if you jail break. there 3g is only poor in some areas

Soldato
If you tether with gg you are likely to get banned. Tons of complaints on the forum.

not at all. them people who get banned are the people who take the Mick with it. i tether all the time and so do loads of others. they only know your tethering if you download loads or go on desktop sites instead of mobile sites. when i tether to my tab they will never know about that.

Permabanned
I get twice the speed with my three phone tethered than I do with my home broadband so I tend to download quite a lot through it.

FYI, this was 6 months ago or so but I was on the 1gb data tariff and I upgraded to AYCE for £3 (definitely £3 at the time), this however prevented my from tethering my ipad which was the whole point of me having it, so I then had to upgrade to the one plan which more than doubled my tariff. Even more annoying I didn't go over the 1gb a month with my ipad either so completely wasted the money.

Now I'm in a position of using 30gb a month or so through it, if they start throttling me I'll cancel as I'm out of contract and signup again somehow.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm getting sick of gg, I've been on them for 1 month and my signal had dropped 3 times for more than an hour, the speeds aren't very good and they aren't the best if you use minutes, the price soon ramps up if you decide to add extra minutes.

I'll be switching to virgin I think, unlimited internet with tethering on a massive network for as little as 12 quid a month; the tethering to me makes them instantly more appealing and I should be able to get s better deal due to being a virgin customer already!

Back
Top Bottom