***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
ok , here is the problem. i have tried sending a piture to a galaxy s3 via "tap and send" then when it beams i get the following on the galaxy s3 screen
"www.windows.com/SD"

i was just wondering if the tap ad send is wp8 - wp8 only.
if anybody can conform this or had any poblems please let me know

Soldato
Has anyone found a use for the wallet yet?
Apart from the app store, nope.

That's the first thing I tried.
The only option in there is to remove Skype contacts, not Messenger.

Uncheck your "signed in email" or move your WoW contacts to a separate address / group them. That's unfortunately the only way as your primary address also stores all your phone details and apps etc.

Soldato
Now Unlock Frog has access to the databases, I've bought a new Lumia 920 in black from Everything Everywhere for £409.99 including the free headphones & wireless charger (also black). Will be using the phone on 3 once it's unlocked, but it's handy having an Orange SIM - will be seeing the Hobbit soon!

WP_20121201_007.jpg

Associate
I've spent most of the evening sorting my iOS migration over and although it's taken me a while (mostly because I'm being OCD rather than any difficulties!) I'm impressed.

The Me and People hubs are very very good. I can see me using those a lot.
SkyDrive and MS Account syncing seems far nicer than iOS too.

I've even started using OneNote to replace my iOS Notes. Very impressed with that too!

All in all, I'm not missing anything from my IP4 yet. There are only a few apps that aren't on WP8 yet, but I'm sure they'll arrive in time and the aren't one I used often enough to be annoyed by not having them.

All I'm missing is iPlayer, Spotify, Instagram (for the social stuff, not the filters!!) and the Warcraft Armory.

Associate
Just read the Nexus 4 is 8Gb or 16Gb, and ISN'T expandable. Christ, I thought the 32Gb on the 920 wasn't great.

Storage is another downfall of the Google Nexus 4, although one that's more than acceptable considering the handset's price. The handset is available in two storage options, 8GB and 16GB, and this can't be expanded via microSD card. While this will be plenty of room for casual smartphone users, those looking to load the device with music and video might be left a bit disappointed.

Associate
Anyone found the optimal settings fir the camera, really us frustrating some pictures are great others really grainy and blur. I find without flash works best though.

Soldato
Anyone found the optimal settings fir the camera, really us frustrating some pictures are great others really grainy and blur. I find without flash works best though.

That's a bit like asking what gear you should be in whilst driving - it really depends.

Indoors you're going to want to use the flash most of the time. I don't have a Lumia to try, but if there is a rear/second curtain sync option putting that on might get the best out of your indoor flash shots.

Associate
If they made 32gb and 64gb versions then why would anyone bother to buy a different high end phone? Concessions had to be made so that their partners wouldn't be disadvantaged.

Thing is, the phone has high end features and the storage is the only low end feature.

By being 50% of the price of some of the high end phones they've already disadvantaged their partners.

Associate

Switch to night mode if you're capturing low light. Other than that it generally works well on auto.

Soldato
Is the EE deal locked to their network? And is it possible to unlock it? Sorely tempted by the 920, but can't justify £500 + wireless charger.

Also how are people finding the screen, specifically black levels? (Only ever used Windows Phone on AMOLED).

Soldato
EE is locked to Orange, Tmob, EE and Virgin. So you have a variety to be honest.

And the current price is £399 Free Wireless Charger and Headphones.

As for the blacks, I had the Lumia 800, AMOLED blacks is deep, nearly invisible. On the 920, you can see a 'shade' lighter due to the way IPS screens are BUT the colours on the screen IMO is better than AMOLED.

AMOLED feels a little over saturated now that I'm on the 920, whenever I use my missus' 800, it feels different, for the worst, apart from the pure black. So don't judge it just by the blacks :)

Soldato
Thanks, free headphones as well!

Can it be unlocked using those unlocking websites that give you a unlock code? I use ~5GB per month so non of those networks are any good for me :(

Soldato
T-mobile unlimited data £36/month

Exactly, currently on giffgaff unlimited data for £12 per month, cheapest I can find on the carriers it's locked to is £21.

Edit: that's sim only btw, don't want to be tied in to a 24 month contract.

Back
Top Bottom