Lee Child - Jack Reacher

Soldato
I have read them all in order, there are a few mentions of things that happened in earlier books but I see no reason you can not read them in any order.

The killing floor is in my top 3 of the series, the climax in that book is awesome.

Associate
As above, some things that happen in earlier books get mentioned in the later books.

Not sure the first book I read but it certainly was not the first, after that though I went back to beginning and read in order.

Associate
I only just started reading them. Only read the last few. There some reference between them but it was more background and not tied into the main story line.

Loved the books - all read in order. Agree with above statements about crossover bits.

Not sure about the soon to be released film though. Tom Cruise wouldnt even have been on my list of possibles. But hey ho I will watch it and decide then

Associate
Can anyone imagine Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? Just Hollywood then?

It's absolutely ridiculous casting! Jack Reacher is meant to be an intimidating giant that's got the heart of a fluffy rabbit. How Tom Cruise is going to pull it off I've got no idea, it's surely going to make a mockery of the books.

Regarding the books, I'd read them in order, but I'm massively anal about those sort of things.

Soldato
It's absolutely ridiculous casting! Jack Reacher is meant to be an intimidating giant that's got the heart of a fluffy rabbit. How Tom Cruise is going to pull it off I've got no idea, it's surely going to make a mockery of the books.

Regarding the books, I'd read them in order, but I'm massively anal about those sort of things.

I am thinking the same but also do you remember Cruise's "Vincent" character from collaterol? Throw some of that about and hopefully it wont be to bad.

Would liked to have seen Dwayne "The rock" Johnson as reacher personally, think he could have done it proud and has the stature to pull of Reacher, cant think of anyone else that would come close to "looking" the part, maybe kurt urban?

Caporegime
So which book should i be reading first?? I need some new reading material for my kindle as the books i have on it are all read at least a few times now. Think ive literally memorised the Hobbit now:p

Any recommendations??

Associate
I am thinking the same but also do you remember Cruise's "Vincent" character from collaterol? Throw some of that about and hopefully it wont be to bad.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning Cruise's acting ability, it's more how he's going to 'sell' the character's physicality to people who have read the books when he appears on screen alongside anyone else.

I can almost feel myself cringing at the thought of it because in my head I know what Jack Reacher should look like... and it's not Tom Cruise.

So which book should i be reading first??

Killing Floor is the first book.

Back
Top Bottom