Perks of the job

Soldato
The entirety of Christmas and New Year (21st December - 2nd of January) off, outside of yearly holiday allowance. Our clients are estate agents and they don't usually work during that time so it doesn't make sense for us to either.

Soldato
Perks of this current job:

Pros

1) No fuel to pay (Fuel card)
2) Company car, we have 160 cars in the car park at the HQ that can be used so if you fancy a car just pick up the keys and sign for it.
3) Fantastic pension (Gold plated)
4) Christmas bash is fantastic - usually we go abroad for our party. (Last year we went to Prague)
5) Unlimited days of work - no show, no pay. Very flexible working hours:D
6) Fully subsidized canteen at HQ
7) IT equipment for personal use - Just request and forward PO to manager
8) Excellent IT work equipment - everything is usually state of the art, servers are all state of the art (just finished new server migration project)
9) If you commute to work by public transport they will pay the tickets etc - no loans to pay for season tickets etc
10) Excellent management team - no bull**** approach, no back stabbing, everything is very informal - Dress down days (usually every Friday we can wear jeans unless visiting clients)
11) Free nursery (saves me 950 pounds a week!)

950 pounds a week childcare? How many kids you got! 4k a month on childcare if it wasn't provided by them?

Associate
Free Tea/Coffee/Water
35 days holiday
Pension
No one ever says anything when I'm 20 minutes late every day :D
Autonomy to do my own thing and go where I want

Soldato
Decent holiday allowance
Lunch paid for every day
Generous travel/accommodation/food expenses when travelling
Work laptop
Training paid for and study leave
A budget for each away job we do to go out and enjoy ourselves for a night
The usual lot of flex benefits

Soldato
Previous job: As much free, fantastic, beer as I could carry.
Current job: It's super easy, often able to sit around and read the newspaper for 2 hours. Bored housewives...
Next job: Haven't got my contract yet, but at the interview 50 days holiday was mentioned.

Soldato
We have an incentive scheme... Basically if we manage to reduce the mortgage arrears (by a certain amount which I will not mention) for a large Yorkshire based lender then we get £500 worth of love to shop vouchers each quarter. We have hit the target 3 out of 4 times now since it started. To achieve that in the middle of a recession and stop people loosing their homes is something im rather pleased with, even without the vouchers. I get a great sense of pride from what I do and perhaps that is the best 'perk' :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Usual 28 days holiday and we close from Christmas Eve until 3rd or 4th of January.

Get parts at trade +Vat and pay them up over a few months if needed.
Casual small business and my boss is sound, often gets lunch in.
Pretty seasonal so the spring/summer is busy but this time of year becomes look at pistonheads and iplayer season.

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;23294733 said:

Another spelling of the word "wat." Used in response to an unclear or absurd statement when seeking to clarify it or expose said absurdity. Commonly used on internet message boards or online games, the word was originally used in 1337 speak and chat language, but has since been used humorously in many cases.

Associate
I get a poverty spec car that I have no choice on and 25 days holiday up from 20 since it was legally required of them to give me 25 :p. Thanks to the government I'll also soon have a worthless pension because the government is forcing then to give it to me, woo.

I do also get close to a 30% uplift for working permanent nights though so in the end I make a decent wage (about 120% increase in pay since I started at the company in 2009)

Soldato
Perks of my job include: having a pool table in the office, big penthouse balcony to look over the city from, up to £10k in bonus with achievable targets, and (irrelevant to me) "beer o'clock" on fridays where we basically have a party every friday at 4 because no one books advertising after that time.

It's not bad for what is essentially a call-centre job that requires very little skill.

Associate
Half price Virgin xl package
20% off an Ipad recently
60% off dyson vacs
10% of everything else in store
33 days holidays
good pension plan
up to 10% of salary bonus.
£180 towards dentist, eyecare, medical bills
loads of other stuff that I wouldn't really use though.

Fellow DSGi employee there I see (Or very strange as its everything I could get too), you missed off the 30% off line rental from o2

Back
Top Bottom