*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Soldato
I have a desktop, laptop and a Nexus 4 and yet I still find myself using the Nexus 7, and more importantly, enjoying using it. If I fancy doing a bit of web browsing, emailing, christmas shopping or gaming on the couch it is perfect. The screen may only be a little bigger than my Nexus 4 in numbers but it makes a big difference.

Permabanned
I have a desktop, laptop, blackberry and a mp3 player so wondering why exactly i need a nexus 7. Never use the laptop and would continue using the mp3 player as it has 30gb micro sd in it.

That means i would carry with me nexus 7, blackberry and mp3 player. hmm

Man of Honour
I have a desktop, laptop and a Nexus 4 and yet I still find myself using the Nexus 7, and more importantly, enjoying using it. If I fancy doing a bit of web browsing, emailing, christmas shopping or gaming on the couch it is perfect. The screen may only be a little bigger than my Nexus 4 in numbers but it makes a big difference.

I find exactly the same I've got an S3 but the Nexus screen is just enough of an increase in screen size to make it usable in place of a laptop where as I only really use the S3 for browsing and the like if I have no other option.

Associate
I had a pretty strange experience with the delivery of my Nexus 7 the other week.

I had it delivered to work, and duly filled in the address. As it was asking for an address I didn't put my name in the work address. Google/TNT/whoever promptly delivered it but didn't put my name on the outer packaging, or on the invoice inside!

Soldato
The Times offering the N7 as part of a subscription deal:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/times-ipad/article3615541.ece

£288 contract + £50 for the device = £338 total for a £199 device and 18 months basic access to news articles written by The Times journalists.

OK I guess if you were already going to pay the extortionate price of £4 a week to access news articles (and only basic access...) but other than that it seems like a pricey option to me.

Associate
Received an email from Asus today saying it included my £25 voucher. However none of the pictures are displayed. if I click 'Can’t see images? View this email in your web browser.' then I just get taken to the Asus website.

I assume the code is supposed to be displayed as one of the pictures.

Anyone else had this?

Soldato
Received an email from Asus today saying it included my £25 voucher. However none of the pictures are displayed. if I click 'Can’t see images? View this email in your web browser.' then I just get taken to the Asus website.

I assume the code is supposed to be displayed as one of the pictures.

Anyone else had this?

Yes... the email I received had a *.jpg file attachment, which included the code.

Hopefully your email came with the attachment also, which you can save and open separately from the email.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes... the email I received had a *.jpg file attachment, which included the code.

Hopefully your email came with the attachment also, which you can save and open separately from the email.

It did have an attachment. I downloaded it and opened it but just get the broken picture symbol or Windows photo viewer does not support this format.

Associate
Man... After hearing all the issues people are having with the Nexus 10, I'm rethinking my decision to go for it over the Nexus 7 that I was almost certain of getting just a couple of weeks before the 10's release. I'm also questioning whether I'll get enough use out of a tablet to justify parting with more than double the wonga. Basically, the more I think about it, the more appealing the Nexus 7 seems despite being smaller, which is my only concern: will it be too small? In every other respect, though, I'm almost certain I would be happy with a 7-inch tablet.

Decisions, decisions...

Soldato
Hmm, I wonder if CPWH will ever stock the 3G Nexus 7? If they give they same 10% price discount as they have with the 32GB version (£179 vs. 199) then I would snap one up straight away!

[edit] Plus not having to pay £14 shipping from the Play Store!

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a pretty strange experience with the delivery of my Nexus 7 the other week.

I had it delivered to work, and duly filled in the address. As it was asking for an address I didn't put my name in the work address. Google/TNT/whoever promptly delivered it but didn't put my name on the outer packaging, or on the invoice inside!

Glad I noticed that when pre-ordering my Nexus 4.

Associate
Hmm, I wonder if CPWH will ever stock the 3G Nexus 7? If they give they same 10% price discount as they have with the 32GB version (£179 vs. 199) then I would snap one up straight away!

[edit] Plus not having to pay £14 shipping from the Play Store!

I should be ordering a Nexus 7 within the next few days with any luck. After looking around, decided on a a 32GB from CPW if they're available, after originally wanting the 16GB. The shipping seems absolutely crazy from the play store so may as well pick a 32GB up for what, £6 more?

Back
Top Bottom