***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Associate
Damn, just spotted this.
16GB order wet straight through without issue, 4-5 weeks for delivery :(

Still at least they are taking pre-orders which makes things a little more simple.

Associate
Can I ask a really dumb ass question, as I'm coming from an iPhone and have never had an Android device, but what do people tend to use to sync music, I guess there are various options but anything particularly good? I probably need to go and read an Android for beginners guide. :)

Hmm, and where did that bloke go who said there would definitely be no more stock until January...

I use Google Music - you can sync your iTunes folder to it, seems to be the easiest option. With Google Music, you can also stream your music from any device (handy if you have WiFi access and don't want to clog up your storage)

PS also coming from an iPhone, it's definitely an eye opener! You'll find most of your apps replicated on the Play store.

Associate
Now shows as complete &
Order Date: 4 December 2012 17:02:29 UTC
Order Number: 1573126xxxxxxxxxxx.1535xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Delivered in 3-5 business days

Caporegime
Can I ask a really dumb ass question, as I'm coming from an iPhone and have never had an Android device, but what do people tend to use to sync music, I guess there are various options but anything particularly good? I probably need to go and read an Android for beginners guide. :)
Id like to know this too, actually need to get my whole 'house' in order with regards to email, calender etc. Time to invest in some platform-independent apps/services I guess
I use Google Music - you can sync your iTunes folder to it, seems to be the easiest option. With Google Music, you can also stream your music from any device (handy if you have WiFi access and don't want to clog up your storage)

PS also coming from an iPhone, it's definitely an eye opener! You'll find most of your apps replicated on the Play store.
Ta man - I expect I might start a thread about dumb questions moving from iOS to Android - always seems a few ways to do things, but which way is the best (like I noticed on the discussion regards how to show multiple email accounts on the phone mail client earlier in this thread)...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Id like to know this too, actually need to get my whole 'house' in order with regards to email, calender etc. Time to invest in some platform-independent apps/services I guess

Google Music would probably be the easiest, I think it also transfers across play counts and the like.

There are a few apps which work well with iTunes, someone else will hopefully remember which ones.

http://www.jrtstudio.com/iSyncr - came up with a quick search for example.

E-mail and Calendar can be handled more natively through the Google apps.

Caporegime
Google Music would probably be the easiest, I think it also transfers across play counts and the like.

There are a few apps which work well with iTunes, someone else will hopefully remember which ones.

http://www.jrtstudio.com/iSyncr - came up with a quick search for example.

E-mail and Calendar can be handled more natively through the Google apps.
Thanks for the advice, but for sake of keeping this thread on topic Ill start a thread that no doubt has questions asked a few times before! Once I know what those questions are myself :p.

Im gonna be asking some stupid questions - just be nice to get on a service which is platform independent - like Google Apps is - I just need to work out how it will work seemlessly with OS X and Windows 7, but thats always been something Ive been meaning to do. Having an iPhone allowed me not to worry as much, good time as any to start 'worrying' and making some decisions!

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll check out Google music. I'd heard of it but I think I'd figured it was just for uploading to the cloud. I may try streaming my music from the cloud, but I might like to have some on the device for times when I don't have a connection.

Soldato
OP
^^ You can choose to "Pin" some music to your device via the Google Music app to play it back locally.

Now I need to sort a micro SIM before this arrives. Are T-Mobile friendly with this, anyone have experience?

Soldato
Thanks for the advice, but for sake of keeping this thread on topic Ill start a thread that no doubt has questions asked a few times before! Once I know what those questions are myself :p.

Im gonna be asking some stupid questions - just be nice to get on a service which is platform independent - like Google Apps is - I just need to work out how it will work seemlessly with OS X and Windows 7, but thats always been something Ive been meaning to do. Having an iPhone allowed me not to worry as much, good time as any to start 'worrying' and making some decisions!

I think I'd find such a thread handy as well. Its annoying as I've seen so much useful info in this thread but forgot to note it all down, and its far to long to search for. Things like what you can disable to improve battery life for example.

I'm the same coming from an iPhone, I just didn't need to worry when I upgraded to another iPhone, but looking forward to making the break.

Associate
Yet another reason for NOT buying from CPW perhaps?

Perhaps I am a bit biased, but I never have liked them anyway!

Having said that I don't think much of Google now either... not after being charged £13.99 to ship me a Nexus 7 in the thinnest of thin so called padded bags! :(

yeah it is a bit harsh that cpw dont do refunds, but i am happy with my nexus 4. it was well worth the wait! sweet phone.

On the other hand, my other order for a 16gb is shiwing as complete and also shows as 2 days shipping on my google wallet transactions page. hopefully have it by the end of the week.

Associate
yeah it is a bit harsh that cpw dont do refunds, but i am happy with my nexus 4. it was well worth the wait! sweet phone.

On the other hand, my other order for a 16gb is shiwing as complete and also shows as 2 days shipping on my google wallet transactions page. hopefully have it by the end of the week.

Order Online and you will get DSR and can refund (14 days)

Associate
Does anyone know who delivers these and if they need to be signed for?

I got my order sent to my home address in case it was delivered over the Christmas break.. If I need to go to a depot to pick it up though I want to be prepared.

Back
Top Bottom