***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
Does anyone know who delivers these and if they need to be signed for?

I got my order sent to my home address in case it was delivered over the Christmas break.. If I need to go to a depot to pick it up though I want to be prepared.

It's TNT as said and yes it will have to be signed for, but if you have a friendly neighbor and leave a note on the door telling the driver to deliver it there he usually will.

Soldato
I'm eligible for an upgrade on the 6th, is it going to be impossible to get one of these via a high street store? Gave Orange a ring and the person I spoke to hadn't even heard of the phone.

You can get it on contract (though only with O2 for now), but its not cheap and the price is one of the great things about it. The cheapest O2 contract looks to be £26 pm, and that's with them charging you £299 for the device as well, or £36 pm if you want it free.

If your contract is ending this seems the perfect time to get away from contracts, as long as you can afford the up front cost.

Associate
someone earlier on mentioned sim only deals , and i was looking for one last week and found a virgin one for £12

1200 minutes
Unlimited texts
1GB Mobile Web

this seems to me a very good deal ,almost too good to be true.

has anyone got any experience with virgin and what kind of reception is available .

Soldato
someone earlier on mentioned sim only deals , and i was looking for one last week and found a virgin one for £12

1200 minutes
Unlimited texts
1GB Mobile Web

has anyone got any experience with virgin and what kind of reception is available .

Virgin Mobile uses T-Mobile/Orange network, so the reception should be the same.

I think the Three deal is better since you're getting £48 cashback with it:

Ess.Int.SIM600 - £12.90/mo 12mo - 600m, 5000t, 1GB - £48.30 TCB - eff. £8.87/mo

Soldato

1200 minutes
Unlimited texts
1GB Mobile Web

Excellent deal, if your an existing virgin customer i think you get 2500 virgin to virgin mins too.

Virgin use Orange and T-Mobile networks so will be good.

Personally i went with 3's £6.90 deal with pretty much 50% cash back bringing it to around £3.50 per month

250mins
5000txts
500mb data (£5 extra per month bolt on for unlimited data when needed)

Associate
You can get it on contract (though only with O2 for now), but its not cheap and the price is one of the great things about it. The cheapest O2 contract looks to be £26 pm, and that's with them charging you £299 for the device as well, or £36 pm if you want it free.

If your contract is ending this seems the perfect time to get away from contracts, as long as you can afford the up front cost.

The up front cost of £240 for the 8GB is no problem for me, I think it would be awesome to get away from the 24 month tie and either have a 12 month or a 1 month rolling. Can't see myself paying £299 for a handset thats £26 a month on top..

Soldato
OP
Amen to that. My contract is awesome for only £7~ a month. I might switch to Three for the DC-HSPA speeds, but then again I'm on Wi-Fi a lot and I can't see how much difference a few extra MB/s will make for web browsing.

Associate
Virgin Mobile uses T-Mobile/Orange network, so the reception should be the same.

I think the Three deal is better since you're getting £48 cashback with it:

But you are tied in to a year contract, I think 4 a month isn't much to pay for the luxury of being able to leave when you want to

Associate
About the screen, and comparing it to the S2 and S3. Both the Samsungs have a home button and the other two buttons below the screen area. It looks like the N4 uses part of the screen to display these, since it doesnt have a hard "home" button. So the actual screen size looks more like the S2, not the S3. Is this the case?

Back
Top Bottom