***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
Urgh thats horrendous, why do people insist on having on screen buttons when there is so much room for touch buttons below the screen. I browse/watch youtube a lot on my phone so this is a little offputting to say the least.

Do the buttons disappear when u are browsing? As in, is there an option to hide them or autohide when not touching bottom of screen etc?

Some apps allow them to disappear, But not all of them. One of the reasons I've already installed a custom ROM that allows you to hide them, Set up profiles so certain apps will close them automatically through the control panel & of course merging both the status bar & nav bar together & make it smaller to make TabUI :p Managed to get some screen back!

Youtube is one app that automatically disappears on the stock firmware.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not seeing any state - pending or whatever, only thing I have is at the top of the page it says my order has been sent to Google Commerce Ltd.

"
Your order has been sent to Google Commerce Ltd.
Google Commerce Ltd is responsible for charging and shipping your order. Have questions? Contact Google Commerce Ltd.

Dec 4
Google Commerce Ltd received your order.

Dec 4
You placed an order with Google Commerce Ltd on Dec 4. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to *******@gmail.com

Order Date: December 4, 2012 10:48:52 AM UTC-8
Order Number: *************etc******
Item

Price
Nexus 4 (16GB) - The next generation phone. Thin, light, and designed for Google Play.

UK£279.00
Shipping (Two Day):

UK£9.99
Total:

UK£288.99
(includes VAT UK£48.16)
"

What am I missing ?

Associate
Ordered a 16GB version just after 5 with the 1-2 week delivery wait, but I decided to cancel as I couldn't justify it over the HTC One S. Probably could've made a few quid selling it on eBay but the fees they take are absurd

Associate
Was going to order the bumper with mine, am a little annoyed they have stock issues with that as well! Ah well probably a waste of money anyway! Mine was ordered at 5:07 and it's still pending, no clue why some have already completed but I suppose it's just one of those things.

Associate
The OH is picking my N4 up at lunchtime from O2 this afternoon.

Wanted to get one from Google, but as I'm phoneless at the moment, just going to have to stump the extra spendoolies.

Associate
Im another one who got an 8Gb order in with a minute of it being available to buy again, my email confirmation says 5.07pm.

The buy button had 4-5 weeks on it when I ordered but my eMail confirmation says 'Delivered in 3-5 Business Days'.

Going to Play and looking at my orders it says 'Completed'. Going to wallet, its listed under Pending, and no update yet to say my Card has been billed, so Im expecting that soon.

Soldato
[timko];23302822 said:
Yep, same for me still "Pending". Mine's a 17:08 order with credit card details already entered hours before and I also chose not to link the phone to my account.

I wasnt actually sure what 'linking' to the account did so i just left it ticked. What is it exactly? As in, do i need to cancel and re-order without it lol

Soldato
Hope that doesnt mean they will have opened it to do that for me, woiuld rather have my nice sealed one to set up. Also they might install all those ****** apps i have installed on my account over the years that i dont want on it lol.

Wish had unticked it but wasnt sure so had just left it ticked :|

Soldato
Hope that doesnt mean they will have opened it to do that for me, woiuld rather have my nice sealed one to set up. Also they might install all those ****** apps i have installed on my account over the years that i dont want on it lol.

Wish had unticked it but wasnt sure so had just left it ticked :|

Nothing came on mine & I left it ticked, It didn't even have the account added.

Phone came just as it would if purchased brand new.

Associate
Coming from the One X, here's my initial impressions after an evening of use:

- The screen/colours are definitely more muted and de-saturated. Not necessarily in a bad way but definitely requires some adjusting to after the vibrant beauty of the One X screen.

- The screen is definitely sharper and crisper than the One X screen.

- Responsiveness and fluidity in the interface is much nicer. Likely a combination of thehardware and jellybean

- Playing music on the speaker is worlds better than the One X. Playing music on headphones is better than the One X.

- The One X feels nicer to hold and safer to put down due to that rubber/plastic body feel

- No word on battery life yet...

- I accidentally shoved a needle down the microphone hole thinking it was the SIM bay lock..... luckily my microphone still works....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom