Newcastle Upon Tyne - Might be moving

Soldato
I'm surprised to see how many people actually like Newcastle. I've lived here all my life and I'm really sick of it now. The geordie culture and drinking culture are really idiotic to be honest and get boring quickly.

As with most cities there are some nice areas and some really, really rough areas too.

I lived in Jesmond whilst I was at uni and whilst people have said it's a great area, it is nice as long as you can tolerate the snobby student types that it attracts. Basically Jesmond is the area that the more well off students can afford to live in and from living in that area I found them to be very selfish.

I live in Fenham now though and it's by far my favourite area of the city. There are lots of students living in this area but they are way more considerate.

Associate
OP
Haha I forgot this thread might of brought on some entertaining Newcastle/Sunderland banter!

At least I know have some sort of understanding of which areas would be best to look for. Swaying towards a shared house because I think it would be a good way to meet people and a laugh.

Associate
OP
Also will a flat/apartment advertise that they have broadband or not?.

And if not would you be able to go ahead get it yourself, Im assuming yes, with the landlords permission of course?.

Associate
OP
I wonder if I could draw you a custom search on zoopla which will exclude all the "not so good" areas of the north east! Then send you it.

I've not checked out Zoopla just yet only Right Move. You reckon it's filter would be good enough to refine that search?

Soldato
I'd say Newcastle drinking culture is heavily influenced by the number of stag, hen and out of town visits. Loads of people love drinking up in Newcastle and I know from getting train fromsScotland on weekends loads of people go for wild weekends.

Although geordies do love a drink, but no more than anywhere else I've lived.

Regarding the metro, it's great for commuting and it's been reliable for my own mother for many years and was reliable for me for 6 years. Can't complain about it at all considering other city transport links are no better.

Associate
OP
I'm now tempted to watch that Geordie Shore show to see what it's like?...........Or are they just another group of people who give a bad reputation to their town like on those other reality shows?

Caporegime
I'm now tempted to watch that Geordie Shore show to see what it's like?...........Or are they just another group of people who give a bad reputation to their town like on those other reality shows?

they are pure idiots and exaggerated 1million percent to get viewers.

Associate
OP
If anyone is still actually in and live up North/North East what do you do on a Friday?

I'm off to a local in a minute and then usually would go to town on Saturday. Guessing its the same?

Back
Top Bottom