*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Associate
Yeah, 64GB. Pretty daft going for it, I expected these apps would be taking up more space.

Now i've got the predicament of when it comes to making back ups. If I do nearly fill 64GB, imagine the crazy back up sizes each time. lol nightmare.

Haha yeah, backing all of that up will take lots of space on your computer :p I just hate how you have to pay for the phone on top of the contract price :/ But the cheapest so far for handset price is £89 for 32GB which isn't too bad

Associate
Has anyone ordered from Carphone Warehouse before? As I want to stick to Three, but the handset price from Three is stupid, whereas on Three from CPWH is a lot cheaper

Soldato
Has anyone ordered from Carphone Warehouse before? As I want to stick to Three, but the handset price from Three is stupid, whereas on Three from CPWH is a lot cheaper

Yeah, I ordered from them before. But be warned, if you ever want to get the phone unlocked you will have a hard time. CPW wont do it, neither will Apple and Three will say "its not on our system ,we didn't provide it"

T-Mobile have refused to unlock my so called "sim free" from Carphone Warehouse.

I've had to contact trading standards about it.

Associate
Yeah, I ordered from them before. But be warned, if you ever want to get the phone unlocked you will have a hard time. CPW wont do it, neither will Apple and Three will say "its not on our system ,we didn't provide it"

T-Mobile have refused to unlock my so called "sim free" from Carphone Warehouse.

I've had to contact trading standards about it.

That's not good, sorry to hear about your troubles.

I would purchase directly from Three, but their handset prices are way too pricey compared to CPWH. Although I would probably only stick with Three, it has put me off slightly purchasing from CPWH.

Associate
So after being told to just get any screen protector from ebay "it will be fine"...I've ended up with some weird shiny mirror like one which just makes the phone look crap.

Can anyone link me to a decent transparent, clear, matt screen protector for both front and back please?

Soldato
So after being told to just get any screen protector from ebay "it will be fine"...I've ended up with some weird shiny mirror like one which just makes the phone look crap.

Can anyone link me to a decent transparent, clear, matt screen protector for both front and back please?

Front Matt; http://mediadevil.com/index.php/bro...magicscreen-matte-clear-edition-iphone-5.html

Rear: http://mediadevil.com/index.php/magicscreen-dual-tone-back-edition-iphone5.html

iPhone 5 Front and Back screen protectors: Combo offer (only available through our website).
If you purchase any iPhone 5 Front protector pack and an iPhone 5 Back protector pack at the same time, you will receive an automatic £2 discount in your shopping bag.

Associate
These are the two I need yes:

Code:
 Magicscreen screen protector - Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) Edition - Apple iPhone 5 	
Magicscreen screen protector - Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) Edition - Apple iPhone 5
	£7.97 		

No Points

£7.97 	Remove item
Magicscreen back protector - Dual-tone (Glossy/Matte) Edition - Apple iPhone 5 - Back 	
Magicscreen back protector - Dual-tone (Glossy/Matte) Edition - Apple iPhone 5 - Back
	£7.97 		

No Points

£7.97

Soldato
Have many people gone with 24 month contracts? I have an Iphone 4S 16GB and have frequently hit the size limitations. I have the option of a 32Gb Iphone 5 with o2 which gives me unlimited calls/messages/1Gb data/£26 PM (£300 for the phone) but I'll get 200 for my phone and o2 will give me £55 towards my bill. Not sure what to do!

Associate
Have many people gone with 24 month contracts? I have an Iphone 4S 16GB and have frequently hit the size limitations. I have the option of a 32Gb Iphone 5 with o2 which gives me unlimited calls/messages/1Gb data/£26 PM (£300 for the phone) but I'll get 200 for my phone and o2 will give me £55 towards my bill. Not sure what to do!

I am in same boat as you have a 16gb that's always almost full. At 300 for the phone I would just buy the 32gb iPhone out right, for a extra 100 you are not locked into a two year contract. Also Apple have 10 months interest free at the moment so you could spread the cost out if you like.
£200 for your phone £400 for the 32 GB from apple and not locked into a two year contract.

Soldato
anyone get a Carrier Update yesterday on EE network?

has it improved the "no service" issue some people are getting?

It does seem a lot more stable at work. Before my signal would be really really poor, dropping out all the time. Now its more stable, an extra bar and more responsive.

Another thing ive noticed, it use to show EE at the top regardless of who it was connected to. Now it does scroll T-Mobile Orange across the top. Never did that before.

Associate
Got my day one 16gb replaced earlier this week after noticing 2 dark dust spots inside the camera lense.... instant swap out without any niggles in the fruit shop at Gateshead Metrocentre.

I love this phone and I love having iTunes Match (the reason I Appled), but by jingo do I hate the fact the phone's soft as Play-doh!... got a brand new replacement out of box, not a refurb and the replacement was perfect. I've had a screen protector on the replacement, a fluffy glove around it and a case wrap too. Three days after replacement, the "beautiful chamfered edge" has more nicks out of it than the last one ever did. Argh!

Still sticking with it though.

Back
Top Bottom