*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Am I right in thinking I'd have to remove my note 2 from its case every time I wanted to attach the gameklip? That's too much effort for me. Why can't they make the top part extendable to hold a range of phone sizes??

Soldato
That looks nice, does it also charge the spare battery or simply hold it? Also, I've got a nillkin case on my Note 2, have you tried mounting the phone with a case on?
It charges the phone and spare at the same time. And yes the dock has a removable insert to accommodate a phone with a case attached.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
rps20121207_053230_340.jpg
rps20121207_053602_863.jpg
rps20121207_053633_793.jpg

:eek:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The Android AOSP 2.4 theme has been updated with Patch1, blue coloured icons like JB and removal of battery icon (just text %), looks nice :)

Soldato
edit: Hadn't noticed mrk had posted a pic a few posts up, just scrolled to the bottom, sorry! But I guess it relays the fact that this phone has a great battery life!

I love the battery life on this thing, haven't charged her up since Tuesday night!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Associate
If the Nilkin case works out rubbish then this looks pretty sweet:

http://www.rearthusa.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2-slim-case

Edit*

Loving the screenshot annotation function (hold spen button then hold pen to screen):

Screenshot_2012-12-07-15-47-49.png

Just my opinion but a case is not just for style, it should actually protect the phone should you drop it.

I would be interested to know the results of dropping a phone a few times with that considering the top and bottom is barely covered.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've had that kind of case (Rock Quicksand) on my S3 since launch and have dropped the S3 a number of times without issue.

Having it land front edge first on a sharp surface is unlucky, it does happen but it's a risk I'm happy with given that these slim snap on cases don't add bulk and don't make the phone look ugly.

Also, the camera is very impressive on this, the new Low Light mode works better than HDR at bringing out details without adding image noise.

Normal:
camerasample_normal.jpg

HDR:
camerasample_HDR.jpg

Low Light Mode:
camerasample_lowlightmode.jpg

I thought the camera was the same as the S3 so it must be software differences?

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm this audio output is amazing, HD595s plugged in and it's very very nice! Better output than the S3 for sure. As mentioned before, just more clearer, more airy.

Soldato
What cases have people got for this BTW? I've ordered the Nilkin black and also this desktop cradle.

I'll probably get the flip cover&back plate one first.
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/genuine-samsung-galaxy-note-2-flip-cover-silver-efc-1j9fsegstd-p36373.htm

Got my eye on this charger, but not in white. What's useful is you get a official spare battery and it charges phone and spare battery independently.
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/genuine-samsung-galaxy-note-2-extra-battery-kit-eb-h1j9vnegstd-p36364.htm

I got a question, do you have a screen protector on your N2? and does it in any way interfere with the responsiveness of the S-Pen?

:cool:

Soldato
Flip case is nice, but you will get bored and tired of it, its a hassle opening each time you want to use it, not to mention the hassle when using the camera.

I have a screen protector on mine and it works fine, however do get a 'ultra clear' one, I picked up a £2 one on auction and it was rubbish, very resistive even just using your finger, went in the bin within a few minutes.

Got a set of 6 from another seller, the 'ultra clear' ones, 6 for £3.50. Works great, no resistance and works great with the s-pen too, you cant even tell its installed.

Back
Top Bottom