***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
OP
Ah so it's like the Touchstone then I imagine.

Oh well, not like I'm charging my phone much anyway since I can't use it, I bodged my old SIM ;) so I'm waiting on my replacement from EE. They are delivering it for free after some minor hassle! It was £10 originally! which is a month and a half of my contract price, silly EE.

Associate
Right guys just ordered the 16gb Nexus 4 no more than 10 mins ago...... taking bets on when it comes!!!

Actually managed to have a quick go on one today and it really did impress me over the S3... the cost of the Nexus proved to be tipping point.

Soldato
Nice one! :cool:

Look forward to hearing what you think of it :)

Good news is that it's here, bad news is I can't really be bothered to play with it. Long day at work and all :p

Manager has one at work and I held it today - meh, I've seen it all before :D

EDIT - Screw it I'm going to open it to make sure its not faulty.

Last edited:
Soldato
my 16gb has shipped.

ordered at 17:04 on 4/12
shipment email came through at 17:32 today.

hopefully the early orders start shipping for everyone now.

Caporegime
Good news is that it's here, bad news is I can't really be bothered to play with it. Long day at work and all :p

Manager has one at work and I held it today - meh, I've seen it all before :D

EDIT - Screw it I'm going to open it to make sure its not faulty.

I knew it was only a matter of time! :D :p

Soldato
my 16gb has shipped.

ordered at 17:04 on 4/12
shipment email came through at 17:32 today.

hopefully the early orders start shipping for everyone now.

Ooh, thanks for posting this. It's nice to see one of the early orders going out, gives me some hope.

Associate
can anyone beat

confirmation email received 1706 4/12.
delivery quoted 4-6 weeks

still pending??!!

hey nothing wrong with wildfire for another 6 weeks! ;)

Soldato
I knew it was only a matter of time! :D :p

:D

Lets talk screen.

The screen saturation is roughly on par with my Dell U2711 - so very neutral and natural. a lot less saturated than the S3 SAMOLED.

Blacks are quite mediocre and a significant step down from AMOLED.

Viewing angles - Quite poor tbh. Blacks go very grey when you start tilting the phone (almost like a TN panel), and extra bad tilting your head from the corner. At say a 20 degree angle the phone is very hazy - whereas an SAMOLED would stay pretty much perfect.

Caporegime
:D

Lets talk screen.

The screen saturation is roughly on par with my Dell U2711 - so very neutral and natural. a lot less saturated than the S3 SAMOLED.

Blacks are quite mediocre and a significant step down from AMOLED.

Viewing angles - Quite poor tbh. Blacks go very grey when you start tilting the phone (almost like a TN panel), and extra bad tilting your head from the corner. At say a 20 degree angle the phone is very hazy - whereas an SAMOLED would stay pretty much perfect.

Hmm, shame about the viewing angles :( For me, that would be a deal breaker really. Are the blacks that noticeable when not side by side with the GS 3? What about light bleed?

Soldato
Hmm, shame about the viewing angles :( For me, that would be a deal breaker really. Are the blacks that noticeable when not side by side with the GS 3? What about light bleed?

When not side by side, yes the im-perfect blacks are easily noticeable. Status bar and nav bar show easily from even low brightness whereas the GNex bars melt into the frame even at full brightness. This is all tested in my fairly dimly lit room (lamp on).

Backlight bleed is minimal - a very slight bit near my nav buttons.

BTW GSMarena review us up!

Associate
can anyone beat

confirmation email received 1706 4/12.
delivery quoted 4-6 weeks

still pending??!!

hey nothing wrong with wildfire for another 6 weeks! ;)
Email received at 1708 4/12 delivery quoted for 3-5 days, and still pending with no delivery email :(

Also I just found this on XDA and HUKD, its basicly a xml list of people who have ordered a phone and their delivery status, as you can see not many have got shipping emails!

Last edited:
Caporegime
When not side by side, yes the im-perfect blacks are easily noticeable. Status bar and nav bar show easily from even low brightness whereas the GNex bars melt into the frame even at full brightness. This is all tested in my fairly dimly lit room (lamp on).

Backlight bleed is minimal - a very slight bit near my nav buttons.

Damn!

wNMEc.jpg

:p :(

BTW GSMarena review us up!

Excellent, will read through it now! :)

Soldato
OP
I don't know what screen you got, but my viewing angles are perfectly fine. Can't notice much difference from my S II.

The colours are much nicer and realistic as noted in many reviews, which is a big plus. I thought I wouldn't be saying that because I've got too used to AMOLED panels with my previous two phones. Then again, it's probably because I've been in front of my PC more and more and I am used to "normal" colors (Dell U2410/2408).

Soldato
I don't know what screen you got, but my viewing angles are perfectly fine. Can't notice much difference from my S II.

The colours are much nicer and realistic as noted in many reviews, which is a big plus. I thought I wouldn't be saying that because I've got too used to AMOLED panels with my previous two phones. Then again, it's probably because I've been in front of my PC more and more and I am used to "normal" colors (Dell U2410/2408).

whoa there - did I question the colours?

Erm the screen I got is the one that came on my N4. :D

The blacks are average and the viewing angles are poor.

The screen is sharp and the screen overall is great for people that don't mind the above cons. What more can I say.

Damn!

http://i.imgur.com/wNMEc.jpg

:p :(

)[/QUOTE]

My thoughts too - SAMOLED and a SD slot/64GB would mean this phone would have replaced my S3 LTE!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom