nzbmatrix quits

Soldato
Tell me again why even alluding to piracy, in the context of say console emulation, can get you a slap on this forum but crying over am NBZ site getting plugged is fine? There is even a massive newsgroup thread :confused:

Edit: Oh yes, i see there is Linux NBZ. OK

You can't ask questions like that, they upset the kids in the newsgroup thread.

Associate
Yea edited. So you were all paying for Linux distros and other free software. Seems legit

Just curious d_brennen, do you have legal consent from SEGA for re-use and distribution of their imagery, logos and characters?

The copyright brigade always do like to apply the law wherever they see fit, yet blindly re-distribute imagery, logos, slogans etc over the internet without due care as they enjoy it and are blissfully ignorant that those same said laws classify them as being naughty ;).

SEGA in particular are quite "hissy fit" about the re-use of their sonic franchise and the respected SEGA logo font.

That is a blanket statement about all the babies that QQ on here about copyright infringement but only apply it as they see fit. Which usually seems to be the case especially in the random image thread. Apologies but your signature was just unfortunate timing :).

Last edited:
Soldato
I want to be able to pay for my newly released film and to be able to watch it at home at the same time as the cinema goers in HD quality on my HD tv. Why can't I do this? The technology exists, the bandwidth exists so why can't I?

I would have thought that was fairly obvious. The cinema companies want their cut of the profit.

Soldato
FFS. Just paid £7 for this less than 2 weeks ago and now this happens. Well ****** off

I think it's very underhand of them to close the site with no notice, they obviously did so to cream the last bit of profit from it. No doubt their server/bandwidth contracts were scheduled to end 30 days in advance.

File a dispute on PayPal see if it gets you anywhere.

Soldato
The closed torrent sites are actually very good. I've seen stuff appear on torrent sites faster than usenet because groups now choose to host their own private trackers.

Back
Top Bottom