What been your favourite game released in 2012

Soldato
I have seen Dishonored mentioned quite a few time in this thread now, and was quite surprised to see that Game are currently selling their "Exclusive Special Edition", which comes with quite a few 'goodies' and extras for just £22.99 with free UK delivery.

Ordered this at 14:30 this afternoon (Sunday) and received an email at 17:40 advising me that it had been despatched... you can't ask for much better than that!

Associate
Diablo 3 for me. loads of problems but still excellent (wouldn't have gotten such a hard time if it hadn't been part of the Diablo Series)

Associate
Hmmm for me it's a very close call between Max Payne 3 and Far Cry 3 (which I've just finished).

MP3 was amazing, but I think the open worldiness of FC3 just pips it for me. Although there are a few small things that make you think 'why?', overall I think it is superb. On quite a number of occasions it actually had me full-on smiling with satisfaction, and that rarely happens for me.

The game I've actually put the most time into this year has been Guild Wars 2, but while it's good it doesn't fill me with the 'f*ck yeah!' feelings that I got with MP3 and FC3.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Walking Dead.

Black Mesa Source deserves a shout to along with Hotline Miami and Mark of the Ninja.

AAA games have been mostly pap and I see this trend continuing with most of the games I play nowadays being Indie.

Last edited:
Associate
Mass Effect 3 for me, I'm still playing an unholy amount of Galaxy at War on it. I so wanted to be able to say Xcom but it disappointed me more than the ending of SP ME3.

Associate
This thread has made me realise I haven't played any 2012 release games.

2011 , Skyrim, M2033 and FO:NV mainly occupying the limited game-time I have.

I've bought plenty but not actually installed any. Dishonoured will be downloaded tonight to break this cycle I think.

Back
Top Bottom