how much should I charge ?

Soldato
Hi all,

So. I built a website for my friends dad as he is starting a new business. I also designed logo's and adjusted graphics and photos etc. But im not really sure how much i should charge him for it. Im about to convert it to WP for him so if i die he can still edit it.

they have there first deal coming through which is going to be worth quite a lot of dosh so i dont have to skimp but at the same time i obviously don't want to take the pee.

I have also been helping him in various other forms as admin stuff and continually adjusting it.

So, how much does one charge? For all the website stuff I've seen any where from 400 - 1000. considering the time i have put in in total i wouldnt see that being out of the question. if not more.

also, whats the going rate for freelance hourly rate. as im going to be doing some graphic design work.

:)

Soldato
Work out an hourly rate that you're happy with and then multiply that by the time it took you to develop the site - simple.

Hourly rate is all dependent on how good you actually are. It's for you to decide what you think your time's worth. Having said that, it's odd that you've built the site without discussing cost with him...

Soldato
also, whats the going rate for freelance hourly rate. as im going to be doing some graphic design work.

Take a look on peopleperhour.com and you will be able to see some hourly rates of web designers.

I would advise always creating a written quote before undertaking any work.

Rgds

Associate
You charge what you think your (experience) worth. But bear in mind its a site for your friends dad and for some strange reason, you didn't agree costs with him beforehand.
Freelancing in this field, always always have a contract before undertaking any work and ensure that contract includes amendments / changes!

Associate
I take it you are just starting out, so from your experience i would say £10 an hour + £50 a month to maintain the site.

If you live in or around London, £15-£20.

Don't go too cheap, because word will get around that you do cheap sites and everyone will expect something for pennies.

Soldato
OP
thanks for the info chaps. It's not my prime business venture. just something i was helping him with though i did give up a large portion of my time. my other venture i charge 200-250 a day.

i do live in london. Its just an odd one to price considering the amount of time i have given over to this project and other things helping him out. was just trying to gauge a sort of pricing scheme and how much things generally cost.

cheers guys

Back
Top Bottom