********* at Three...

Soldato
[rant]

So I have been with Three only for couple of days...I wanted superfast 3G etc...I wasn't getting speeds I wanted but most important, I had no reception at all at work place.
This morning, I rang their CS to get my PAC code - I have already moved mine number to them.
The guy on the phone ****ed me off so much that I started to shout on him while being in my office - I have asked him numerous times for PAC, he was telling me that I should speak to their tech team, I should give it more time trying to convince me that Three is bet network and so on and on for over 20min.

so I managed to get PAC code ... now I received a phone call from three...
guy was clearly eating... he said that as a loyal customer he can offer me a deal - after 6 days I have been to their network!!! and this idiot tried to take me an offer for £7 !!!! he made a huge deal it was only 7!!! I said no and he was starting again all carp etc...
Told him off, said to go away and hang up..

what nerves...

[/rant]

Soldato
I had a similar experience when I tried to leave 3. I kept telling the guy at the other end that I wanted to leave and get my PAC code. He tried to fob me off with all kinds of stuff including offering me a £0 per month contract with the phone I wanted. I sounded like he'd do anything - including lying - to stop me cancelling there and then.

Took about 45 minutes to get my PAC code. :(

Soldato
Yah me too. Took aaaaaaaaaaages on the phone to a person in India lying about everything before I got my PAC. I know they are fast but never again. Their CS is shocking.

Associate
I ended up paying £50 more than I wanted to when my cancellation request "disappeared" from record and they told me twice that they've cancelled it, signed up in February, finally converted to pay as you go at the start of November. Terrible company, full of lying scum.

Associate
I have a 3 sim in my iPad, and although they are supposed to have a really good network for the internet, the signal is quite bad. In Sutton and a few stops after that, it's OK, but the closer I get to London, the worse it gets. Around Clapham Junction it's really patchy, then starts to improve as I reach Victoria. I can't even watch internet videos on it. I used my Nexus 4 with a Virgin sim today for the first time, and that seems a lot better, though I still lost connection at 2 points.

I will see how it goes tonight, and if it's good, I will cancel my 3 sim and tether the iPad to the phone since I have unlimited data on the Virgin sim.

Associate
Glad it kept away form 3 when renew my last contract, I was almost about to go with them and Voda offered me a better deal. Sounds like I had a lucky escape reading all these posts.

Man of Honour
Glad it kept away form 3 when renew my last contract, I was almost about to go with them and Voda offered me a better deal. Sounds like I had a lucky escape reading all these posts.

I was with Vodafone for around 6 years and I recently moved to Three. I'd never go back. For every provider there is a bad story.

Associate
I was with Vodafone for around 6 years and I recently moved to Three. I'd never go back. For every provider there is a bad story.

I'd agree with that. Three is fairly good in our neck of the woods abd been happy with their service. I've not had to contact CS other than taking a phone back to Three store to exchange it. So in the main my experiance has been good ........ BUT.....

I've been getting calls from some idiot on an 0800 number. Well I say number but it's a number in the range 358 4480 to 4495. Calling 5 or 6 times a day, 7 days a week. Sometimes they'd leave a short message and all you could hear what sounded like call center background noise. Answered quite a few times and always silence though you could here the same call center background gabbling on. This has p****d me off no end as the least they could do was speak occasionally? Googled the number and it's a firm ringing on behalf of Three. Not on my own with this issue though one poster said if you called them back and selected option '2' you could leave your number and they'd not bother you again. Sure enough I rang and it was 'Three' with special offers and I could choose option 2 to stop being bothered by phone. This I did 2 weeks back and they still call every day. I've now blocked their numbers so I'm not bothered anymore though Hullomail informs me I've missed calls from the idiots. This has kind of annoyed me no end, more so as they persist in calling and come contract end I'll probably leave Three - just on the back of this stupidity.

Soldato
I did speed testing across London last summer and Three won quite easily. I used my Three PAYG SIM for a good 8 or 9 months until I got a contract with them when the SGS3 came out. I have now realised their speeds have really dropped off, mainly due to congestion it would seem.

I wonder if they've become a victim of their own 'success'? (read: great speeds)

Soldato
I have a 3 sim in my iPad, and although they are supposed to have a really good network for the internet, the signal is quite bad. In Sutton and a few stops after that, it's OK, but the closer I get to London, the worse it gets. Around Clapham Junction it's really patchy, then starts to improve as I reach Victoria. I can't even watch internet videos on it. I used my Nexus 4 with a Virgin sim today for the first time, and that seems a lot better, though I still lost connection at 2 points.

I live in Wimbledon and the signal is OK, but nothing special. Clapham Junction is a black hole, my data connection rarely works at all.

Associate
You've not really going to get anywhere shouting at them though!

I know three's CS is crap, but you still get what you want if you just stick to what you need and stop them talking about offers. Pretty quickly ask to talk to someone else, which often gets things moving.

I've hung up on them before, called straight back and got what I wanted within mins, compared to the phone call before where i was been told it wasn't possible.

The main part is, not letting them annoy you or you wont get anywhere!

Oh and three is great where I live, during the day the speeds are not great but I dont use it too much. At night it can get 9-12mb quite easily. Although 1mile down the road i'm lucky to get 50k.

Back
Top Bottom