***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Man of Honour
As I said before, I am no expert in this sort of thing, only know the basics like the motherboard, CPU chipset and battery connector stuff, Adam is the one that knows this sort of stuff, that guide looks good (but the guy didn't offer any info. as to how good the internal build quality is, only how easy it is to repair the phone etc.), someone should send it to Adam and get him to repost his thoughts on the internal build quality :p

ifixit is like THE site for ripping a device to pieces and examining the internals, the Nexus 4 actually came out quite favourable in their tear down. It got rated 7/10.

To put this into perspective the Galaxy Nexus was rated 6/10 by ifixit, I owned this phone for a year with no troubles. I don't forsee any issues with the Nexus 4 either.

Google are simply absolving the costs involved here. Or are you suggesting that Asus and Samsung are now using sub par internals for the N7 and N10?

Caporegime
That rating is for how easy it is to fix the phone if something were to go wrong, not how well it has been put together.

Nexus 4 Repairability Score: 7 out of 10 (10 is easiest to repair).

ifxit is purely for fixing/repairing hardware hence the name, "i fix it"......... :p

Again as I said, I don't mean the hardware that is used, or where they get the hardware from or who makes it etc. but I am talking about how the phone is put together, how the hardware is protected if dropped etc. what holds it together.

And regarding the nexus 7, well there are plenty of people experiencing issues with it, such as the screen lift, screen bleed...........

Don't know what the nexus 10 is like, haven't followed it at all, but going by Samsung's previous phones especially the GS 2, they are very durable and well put together, but who knows maybe they had to cut corners for the nexus 10 in order to keep the price down (considering the hardware of it)

Associate
Anyone got a dock charger that they use with this, or can recommend any from Amazon? Or just anything from Amazon in general, I have Amazon Prime :)

The Zenis Dock I got for the S3 actually works with it, but I'm gonna hold out and get the wireless charger.

Caporegime
Not eligible for Prime plus I am holding out for the Official Dock :)
What is the commitment regards supporting inductive charging? I get the feeling youll end up forking 1/5th of the price of the phone on the charger and then realise due to the quirks with inductive charging (and even within Qi specs) it wont work with future inductive charging phones...

Am I wrong in thinking that? Just looking at the HP Touchpad and those other defunct wireless power mats (cant remember the brand name) which are all incompatible with each other. Great idea, just a shame its in its infancy regards an industrial standard spec.

Thats before you think about how inefficient they are which obviously leads to longer recharge times :p, and the fact its hard to tell what works with what compared to wired charging and looking at the connector type...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
OP
What is the commitment regards supporting inductive charging? I get the feeling youll end up forking 1/5th of the price of the phone on the charger and then realise due to the quirks with inductive charging (and even within Qi specs) it wont work with future inductive charging phones...

Am I wrong in thinking that? Just looking at the HP Touchpad and those other defunct wireless power mats (cant remember the brand name) which are all incompatible with each other. Great idea, just a shame its in its infancy regards an industrial standard spec.

Thats before you think about how inefficient they are which obviously leads to longer recharge times :p, and the fact its hard to tell what works with what compared to wired charging and looking at the connector type...

Well I'd just keep them or sell them.

I love the TouchPad one, that would be perfect for my needs since it is a dock as well. That means I can use my phone whilst at my desk whilst it is charging. Charging times don't bother me, as I do not find myself ever needing to charge my phone in a hurry.

Cost does not matter much to me either (unless it is obviously extortionate) when it comes with this much convenience!

Caporegime
Well I'd just keep them or sell them.

I love the TouchPad one, that would be perfect for my needs since it is a dock as well. That means I can use my phone whilst at my desk whilst it is charging. Charging times don't bother me, as I do not find myself ever needing to charge my phone in a hurry.

Cost does not matter much to me either (unless it is obviously extortionate) when it comes with this much convenience!
Oh I think its a good idea (actually its cool, actually no its not - proper wireless charging is cool), I just know where I use a cable now Id want the inductive dock instead (except for the car) and by the time Ive 'invested' in that Id be narked if the next phone I got used a different spec of inductive charging - its tantamount in having a different USB connector each time for your phone.

Lets say you paid the proper price for the HP Touchpad dock (£70 IIRC) Id be erked if it only worked for that single device - would be as much use as having several cables for different devices just nowhere as inexpensive or as portable...

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone got Flash working? I tried installing the apk but it did not work in Chrome, Firefox or Dolphin browser.

Doesn't work in Chrome, I could only get it to work in Firefox Beta (which seems fine and Is my main browser) and i think dolphin and ocean browsers require you to turn it on in the settings

Back
Top Bottom