Is this in breach of SORN regulations?

Soldato
This kind of selfish, couldn't-care-less parking really annoys me. It wouldn't be so bad if it was only there a day or so, but to completely block the pavement for 6 months it's taking the wee.

It's French, so with any luck it will spontaneously combust :D

Soldato
When they had the camera vans on the bridges overlooking the Wiltshire stretch of the M4, they used to park half on the kerb to catch speeding cars.

If I had a wheel chair, I'd have been up there asking them to move their van so I can get past on the pavement.

Better to have a slight overhang on the pavement, than for that van to have tax and be parked on the road.

Soldato
Won't somebody please think of the children?! :rolleyes:

Normally in speeding threads this silly phrase is used but this situation clearly is dangerous. If you were pushing a child you couldn't get past this vehicle without stepping in to the road.

Associate
OP
Wasted journey to the local DVLA office. Apparently they do not handle enforcement enquiries. This can only be done by Swansea or Leeds. Phone call to Swansea tomorrow then.

Associate
They're clearly ****** so confronting them is hardly likely to go well. I can't honestly see the DVLA being bothered if it's not actually being used so it might be worth mentioning you've seen it being driven.

Associate
OP
Jesus, just grow some balls and go knock the door if it bothers you that much! Get it moved and not get an angry neighbour, job done.

Hi. Do you honestly think I would be posting on an internet forum, asking for advice, if that was even an option? This has been going on for years, with multiple confrontations with local residents. People have given up trying. She will not listen. She is selfish. There has been more that one 3.5t waggon at a time on occasion. Perhaps I should have been clearer. :)

Soldato
What I was going to say. All these people saying "Just talk to them" what are you expecting the outcome of talking them to be?

Are they going to say "Sorry old chap, I'll just go rent a ruddy big flat bed and move it elsewhere. I haven't got a yard or such to store it as otherwise I would have done that in the first place and not parked it on the drive like a *****, but I'll go rent one especially. Thanks"

Report them.

Caporegime
They're clearly ****** so confronting them is hardly likely to go well. I can't honestly see the DVLA being bothered if it's not actually being used so it might be worth mentioning you've seen it being driven.

So.. lie. Sounds like a gold plan :rolleyes:

But if its declared off the road, then they cant move it without breaking the SORN

It's a trap!

I thought that. :D

Is the OP going to ask them to move it and then film them doing so and get them busted for that :p

I've got a SORNed car outside mine. If someone had an issue with it I would be rather annoyed if they went straight to the DVLA without talking to me. If she's as much trouble as you say she is I await the "my car has been keyed" thread.

Have you actually talked to her properly and explained your view and looked at alternatives? Or have you done the typical begruntled neighbour thing of leaving a snotty note and maybe shouting a few threats?

Back
Top Bottom