England tour of India: Tests, ODIs, T20s

Soldato
Was really worried about this series, but India have been proven to be not much better at home then they were in England, which is both shocking and a shame in equal measure.
The BCCI really need to get their house in order it seems.

Soldato
OP
For the 4th Test, Yuvraj, Zaheer and Harbhajan dropped. Awana, Jadeja and Chawla brought in.

Another brainless selection by the selection panel, but they deserve a little credit for finally making some changes.

Associate
Didn't make it particularly easy with the mini collapse but a win nonetheless. Overall a very good performance from the boys.

India need to make changes and there are, not sure how much difference it will make. I think that England will win the series, probably with a draw in the 4th test.

Soldato
Didn't make it particularly easy with the mini collapse but a win nonetheless. Overall a very good performance from the boys.

India need to make changes and there are, not sure how much difference it will make. I think that England will win the series, probably with a draw in the 4th test.

I agree England have learn't their lessons from the first test and there no evidence that India have learn't their lessons from the 2nd test match and I can't see any reason why England won't go and win the 4th.

A couple of years ago when India were touring England Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff remarked at the way the Indians warmed up and said they looked a shambles and unprofessional. As an outsider looking in I get the feeling that there are a few prima donna's in their side and need to be dropped and don't apply themselves hard enough in training. Most of side struggled with spending 2 days in field and a few of them are overweight with a few of them looking as if there about to 'pop out' of their shirts (I know England has Tim Bresnan but he's not playing at the moment). If the Indian board will at some point have to drop Tendulkar great player but every great has their day and the guy is really struggling now to cut even on home soil let alone on away trips and in stark contrast England is flooded is great young talent and senior player who are just coming into their prime.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
How are they playing Sim?

Just turned the TV on and it looks like KP is literally restraining himself so badly he's likely to break the shackles at any moment and will either get out or score runs fast!

It's tough to score runs out there on this pitch. Nothing in it for the batsmen or the bowlers. Little bit of spin and some uneven bounce but that's it.

Man of Honour
How are they playing Sim?

Just turned the TV on and it looks like KP is literally restraining himself so badly he's likely to break the shackles at any moment and will either get out or score runs fast!

It's been steady slow progress and KP is playing with a lot of self control. I hope he manages to continue this way.

112-3.

Soldato
OP
Terrible pitch and a disappointing team selection by India.

Jadeja shouldn't have played ahead of Rahane. Yes he's bowled well so far, but Rahane should have been in first. Also I'm so annoyed that Chawla is back. He averages 48 in domestic cricket this season!

For England - why was Bresnan picked ahead of Onions.

Soldato
OP
So this is going to end up as a draw?

I don't fully understand the finer parts of cricket so what's wrong with the pitch flat and offering nothing to the bowlers?

In general a flat pitch is boring as hell. If there's nothing in it for the bowlers, then they toil all day while it's really easy for the batsmen to score runs. The bowlers don't put 100% energy because they'll just tire out, and batsmen develop lazy habits because it's so easy to score runs.

As an example, look at this match. It was an awful, awful match. 1500 runs scored, and only 17 out of a possible 40 wickets fell.

It's boring, boring cricket. When you have a pitch assisting bowlers, the cricket becomes so much more exciting. As an example, look at India v England in Mumbai. It was a poor performance by India, but an exciting test match because the spinners were getting turn and bounce.

This pitch is different though. It's so low and slow that batting is really difficult too, so England haven't been able to score runs, and have ended the day having scored less than 200. Here is an article condemning the pitch:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-england-2012/content/current/story/596918.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom