Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I've been reading this thread for a while and decided to contribute.

I'm pretty much done with online dating. I'm sure there are decent guys on these sites, but it's fairly hard to find them among all the commitment-phobes, e-gigolos, weirdos and creeps. I started talking to a guy a couple of months ago. I kind of knew he was bad news, but decided to go with it and see how it works. Well, we met up. Had sex, twice. In the same night. We said we'd meet again. Now I'm not generally the type who has sex on the first date, or who has casual sex. Mistake is all I can say. Anyway, a day later I received a message from him stating that he's received some bad news and has to leave the country for a few days and wouldn't be able to meet up again. He knew I was leaving shortly afterwards for a while. Now of course I don't know if he's lying or not, but certainly seems like he wanted sex but nothing that it may bring with it. I don't want to say I feel used, because I obviously wanted the sex, too. But seeing him on the dating site daily (yes, I stalk him) makes me pretty upset. I guess I just expected at least some interest after we had sex, and it's still annoying me that he quite possibly lied because he didn't want to meet again. Makes me feel a bit worthless. We're still in touch but who knows for how long.

Probably realised you'er a post op woman. I take it went well and you got back from Thailand OK?

Permabanned
Probably realised you'er a post op woman. I take it went well and you got back from Thailand OK?

I can't blame you guys who assume that I'm some former user, but I'm not. I haven't even posted anything outrageous, just my experience I had recently. It's pretty rude to treat new users like that though. Talk about feeling welcome :p

Caporegime
Sorry but im bitter but not for wanting sex, im looking for relationship and yet these guys take all the nice lasses and use them and then they dont trust anyone and your trying your best to convince them your the real deal but they will never give you that chance. THATS what im bitter about. and to give it up so easily speaks volumes too. Women need sex exactly the same as what we do.

The thing you are missing is that nice girls generally gravitate towards douchebags for the very reason that they (often subconsciously) want some excitement and some unpredictability. Nice guys who want to settle down are generally not at the top of a shopping list for a nice good looking girl. Sad, but true.

Permabanned
How would you know if you have only just joined. To obvious.

I said that I've been reading the forums for a while. The reason why I know about these forums is because one of my ex-boyfriends is a member on here. So I read threads occasionally and that's how I know about lucy bee (although probably only details) and how girls have it pretty hard on here. Which is why I was hesitant to join.

edit: sorry, meant to write although probably not the details you guys seem to know as I have no clue about Thailand or an OP. All I know is I found that poser quite weird and then suddenly she disappeared.

Caporegime
How come there's so often some form of bitchiness on here when another girl joins the forums? I think that's pretty sad :(

It's a forum full of predominantly boys and men, with the odd girl thrown in. Thicken that skin and stop being so sensitive or I predict you will last a few weeks at most. :)

Permabanned
It's a forum full of predominantly boys and men, with the odd girl thrown in. Thicken that skin and stop being so sensitive or I predict you will last a few weeks at most. :)

I'm not being sensitive. Just never understood the bitchiness among women. Not only on here, in general. I have no interest to have silly fights with women. Got enough problems with men :D

Soldato
In a bit of a predicament here guys and need some advice (Richdog ;))
Started talking to a girl last friday on PoF who is really my type of girl (both have lots of piercings, tattoos etc) and we spoke quite a bit over the weekend and then started txting on Monday after she gave me her number and we arranged a date for this coming Tuesday (18th) so all good right... well kinda! Up until yesterday evening the txting has been full on like 70+ txts a day, but since last night she's gone awefully quiet as in I've had about 5 txts since then which have been pretty blunt and straight to the point, not asking how I am etc. I can also see she reads my "iMessages" straight away and doesn't bother replying for hours on end!

Now I'm not stupid I know she's probably just ended up speaking to more guy/s online and has probably started txting them as well and to be honest I'm really not comfortable going on a date with a girl who has a "you'll do till I find a better offer" attitude which she seems to have adopted. I mean I've had messages and "Meet Me's" on PoF since last week, but I haven't even bothered looking at them cos I feel she deserves my full attention just as I think I should deserve hers rather than being a number or something. I want a date not a bloody awkward situation where I know if I go to the toilet or something she's gonna be on her phone txting other guys.

She's out tonight on a works xmas do and I'm out for a mates bday not in the same town so do I send a txt explaining that I dont think we should meet up if she's txting other guys or am I just looking into this far too much :eek:
Help me!!

Permabanned
do I send a txt explaining that I dont think we should meet up if she's txting other guys or am I just looking into this far too much :eek:
Help me!!

I'm not Richdog but I'll give you my opinion. The main thing that's always bothered me about online dating is this whole "you're one of many" thing. It bothers me, I want to feel special. So I totally understand where you're coming from. I often felt writing something like you're thinking of but I usually feel like that would make me come across as psychotic, or needy, or possessive. So I resist. Maybe ask her first if she's talking to others before you tell her that if she does, you're not interested in meeting up.

Associate
Started talking to a girl last friday on PoF who is really my type of girl (both have lots of piercings, tattoos etc) and we spoke quite a bit over the weekend and then started txting on Monday after she gave me her number and we arranged a date for this coming Tuesday (18th) so all good right... well kinda! Up until yesterday evening the txting has been full on like 70+ txts a day, but since last night she's gone awefully quiet as in I've had about 5 txts since then which have been pretty blunt and straight to the point, not asking how I am etc. I can also see she reads my "iMessages" straight away and doesn't bother replying for hours on end!

Now I'm not stupid I know she's probably just ended up speaking to more guy/s online and has probably started txting them as well and to be honest I'm really not comfortable going on a date with a girl who has a "you'll do till I find a better offer" attitude which she seems to have adopted. I mean I've had messages and "Meet Me's" on PoF since last week, but I haven't even bothered looking at them cos I feel she deserves my full attention just as I think I should deserve hers rather than being a number or something. I want a date not a bloody awkward situation where I know if I go to the toilet or something she's gonna be on her phone txting other guys.

She's out tonight on a works xmas do and I'm out for a mates bday not in the same town so do I send a txt explaining that I dont think we should meet up if she's txting other guys or am I just looking into this far too much :eek:
Help me!!

Well shes probably nervous about meeting a guy from the internet so shes doing her upmost to put you off. Deep down shes hoping she hasn't attracted some weirdo nut job. Not that you are or anything but we all have active imaginations.

You're best bet is to keep the date still on, however send her a text saying "Hi hope things are good, my friend *insert a girls name here* has invited me to her birthday party. I haven't said yes as I thought we were going out on *day of the date*? are we still on for *day of the date* if not its all cool.

Bascially without going into too much detail, the above text message puts over a message that you are confident, you have other women in your life other than the internet lady and you don't care if she cancels on you or not (even if you do)

Game 101 :)

Associate
I'm not Richdog but I'll give you my opinion. The main thing that's always bothered me about online dating is this whole "you're one of many" thing. It bothers me, I want to feel special. So I totally understand where you're coming from. I often felt writing something like you're thinking of but I usually feel like that would make me come across as psychotic, or needy, or possessive. So I resist. Maybe ask her first if she's talking to others before you tell her that if she does, you're not interested in meeting up.

Defintley would make you come across as psycotic/needy/possessive.

His best bet is to come across as if he doesn't give a **** if she is or isn't talking to others.

Shes probably giving him a **** test to see his reaction ;) hence why I've said act cool, act like you dont care and if it does go sour end it on a good note with "Well, it was awesome chatting to you, we have a lot in common shame we didn't get a chance to meet in person. Maybe some other time. Take care"

At least if it goes pete tong for him, he still comes over as a good guy and she might decide to chat to him again soon. :)

Either way Good Luck fella and dont let it **** with your mind ;)

Soldato

Help me!!

It sounds like you've assumed you are in an exclusive relationship before you've even met up? Not really how online dating works in my experience. The key is to arrange the meet ASAP (which you've done) and then see how things go during/after the date. Forget about whether or not she "might" be texting other guys because quite frankly, it's none of your business at this stage :)

Last edited:
Soldato

snip

Help me!!

I don't know why but you seem to think you've entered an exclusive relationship before even meeting up?

E: beaten ^

Caporegime

Help me!!

Your first fatal mistake was getting into the whole "sending 70 texts a day" spiel before you'd even met her... I have zero idea why guys think this is a good idea. By doing that you are basically telling her that you are a puppy dog that will bark and reach out a paw whenever she calls your name. and in doing so killed most of the mystery, and made it clear that she doesn't have to work at all to get you. In short: you did the single least sexy thing possible in your eagerness, and killed the excitement within a week.

I can't blame you, as if you like a girl it's a trap that's easy to fall into and it seems like it's all exciting etc, but it's a silly thing to do as realistically sending hundreds of texts before you have actually met someone and formed an emotional bond with them is just a little odd, it's not "real". I know, because i've done it before myself. If the mind gets too much of something in a short space of time it will inevitably get bored of it, text messages from random guy you've never met included... and lets face it, that's the last way you want to make someone feel before you have actually met them. It's self-defeating.

By all means message her, maybe she will agree to meet up and you will hit it off, but if not then chalk it down to experience and in future keep the texts to one or two a day before you look them in the eyes. You should always aim to leave the other person wondering, tell them enough for them to get an idea what you're like but leave a bit of mystery, keep them guessing and that's when they will want to meet you to find out more.

Good luck either way!

It sounds like you've assumed you are in an exclusive relationship before you've even met up? Not really how online dating works in my experience. The key is to arrange the meet ASAP (which you've done) and then see how things go during/after the date. Forget about whether or not she "might" be texting other guys because quite frankly, it's none of your business at this stage :)

Precisely.

Neo, if you are needlessly worrying about silly stuff like this all the time (it kind of shows a lack of confidence and worrisome nature) then there's a good chance you are not going to give a girl a good impression when you meet them. Just relax and keep your cool, ladies don't like paranoia. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Well txt her last night about midnight asking how the xmas do was going which was read and not replied too so I know I'm ******* in the wind now, but think I'll send one last txt tonight asking if Tuesday is still on and if she replies then great but if not screw her!

Associate
Well txt her last night about midnight asking how the xmas do was going which was read and not replied too so I know I'm ******* in the wind now, but think I'll send one last txt tonight asking if Tuesday is still on and if she replies then great but if not screw her!

So on Friday midnight you text asking her how her party went? Firstly even if you're not, you should make her think you have better things to be doing at that time, and secondly why do you even care how her night was?

I'd leave it until Monday night or Tuesday morning and not contact until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom