***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
The above acknowledgements read as if they were written by someone for whom English is not their first language!

Although I am sure they are genuine, they remind me a bit like those 'spam' emails I receive regularly informing me that a Nigerian prince would like to give me £1.5 million! :)

Hopefully those who have received them will now have their phones before Christmas, which is good... even if they should have come earlier!

Man of Honour
From Google UK & Ireland Managing Director Dan Cobley on his Google+ page:

Dear all

I know that what you are going through is unacceptable and we are all working through the nights and weekends to resolve this issue. Supplies from the manufacturer are scarce and erratic, and our communication has been flawed. I can offer an unreserved apology for our service and communication failures in this process.

For those that originally received a 3-5 days shipping estimate, your orders are now in process for fulfillment. You can expect an email notification early this week which will include tracking information. Although you will be initially charged in full, you will receive a credit for the shipping charge soon after.

For others that received pre-Christmas shipping estimates, we anticipate processing your orders for fulfillment this week.

I realise that the people who ordered the Nexus 4 so early are among our most committed and loyal users and we are doing all we can to put things right.

Sorry again.

Dan

Soldato
16Gb, 17:08, 1-2 weeks, went from Pending to Pre-order on Sat 15th, no email.

For those people that did receive the email, is it because you complained (via email or phone) to them first?

Associate
[timko];23378856 said:
16Gb, 17:08, 1-2 weeks, went from Pending to Pre-order on Sat 15th, no email.

For those people that did receive the email, is it because you complained (via email or phone) to them first?

Doubt it, I sent two emails asking about the shipping issue and also the change to pre-order and received responses from members of the CS team but I haven't got the email people metion above.

Soldato
4-5 weeks, still pending in Wallet.

Not that bothered as I'll be in Thailand this xmas, so I'll see if I can thoroughly let my HTC Desire (it's dieing of old age) enjoy the last ever trip away.

Associate
17:12, 16GB, 1-2 weeks - no email or change to my order yet.

My guess is having given away a proportion/the majority/a minority of the stock to the wrong people they are now reallocating stock originally intended for 1-2 week orders to fulfil 5-6 day orders. Presumably also rippling up to 2-3 week and beyond.

This raises the question of what Dan's weaselly words mean.

Dan Cobley said:
For others that received pre-Christmas shipping estimates, we anticipate processing your orders for fulfillment this week.
They anticipate being able to put the orders through their purchase system? They anticipate sending the order to TNT's barren fulfilment centre waiting for stock to arrive? They anticipate shipping phones this week?

I'd be very happy if they do ship all < 3 week orders though that would require finding extra stock which with the world looking dry and supply in Dan's own words "scarce and erratic" would seem unlikely.

One ray of sunshine is that since a Google UK bigwig got involved more news sites are picking the story up. This could be the added incentive needed for google to prioritise the UK mess.

Soldato
People whom got their N4 from O2, you got your free TV yet?

I got mine on Saturday :D

2012-12-15%2012.06.07.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom