Poll: ***The Official Battlefield 3 Thread***

Xbox 360 BF3 server preference

• Total voters

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Aftermath is quite good, the maps are decent never liked Armoured Kill, way too vulnerable to vehicles on foot on all the maps.
You can kill tanks with the M230 as well, 4 nades to the engine bay and BOOM!

Last edited:
Associate
Are there servers that run all the DLC packs in rotation?

For instance you play one B2K map and then a vanilla and then an Aftermath map without changing server?

Surely thats the beauty of the premium package you have all the different options. I started playing again since stopping before the first DLC came out so am keen to try them all!! :D

I have being playing on the offical DICE servers and seems after 2/3 maps he server is almost empty and I need go back to the server browser and search again for full servers........so many people seem to drop out after two or three games :mad:

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Indeed that can be annoying mike, that is my main gripe about the game tbh! There aren't any dice servers than run all the XP's sequentially, however there are official servers that run a variety of maps from the vanilla game and B2K. If you want to play Aftermath or AK you have to go on a dedicated server. I would give Aftermath conquest hardcore settings a spin, i've been having a lot of fun on that dice server.

Associate
Indeed that can be annoying mike, that is my main gripe about the game tbh! There aren't any dice servers than run all the XP's sequentially, however there are official servers that run a variety of maps from the vanilla game and B2K. If you want to play Aftermath or AK you have to go on a dedicated server. I would give Aftermath conquest hardcore settings a spin, i've been having a lot of fun on that dice server.

Figured that might be a problem. I thought i may have been possible with the rented servers.

Normally prefere rush as conquest seems like a high scoring merry go round! Guess i will just need to hop around the dedicated servers to get a feel for the new expansions.

Soldato
Was on a server running AM and some vanilla maps last night, it went from Azadis palace to Grand Bazaar. quite good fun too. not sure it ran any B2K maps though as we left once it went quiet.

Associate
Hey guys, sorry if anyone has already mentioned this but the threads 144 pages long now! lol

Does anyone play BF3 on PS3 and have you had/solved 5.1 sound setup issues?

I thought I'd sorted it but now I can't hear the radio chatter in the campaign and so it is probably effecting other areas as well.

Help on this would be great if you can please! :)

Using - PS3 fatty 80GB and Sony S-Master HT-K250

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not really lol. Theres me and a handful of others.

I kicked half the OcUK platoon because they hadn'y played the game in over 3 months. Theres at least another 1/2 of the 50 remaining that havent played in the last month. And no new members have applied to join.

Associate
I haven't been on because I've been away at university, and my live subscription ran out. I've got 3 weeks or so off now though.

Liking the new aftermath maps at the moment, and armoured kill ones seem pretty good too. If you're on and fancy some games would be nice!

Any big changes to be aware of? All seems the same so far!

Associate
I've been using a bit, trying to get an achievement but it seems a bit crap unless your right on top of them.

Also noticed gunner in helicopter can't have flares anymore, that's a bit rubbish!

Caporegime
Yeah choppers got nerfed into oblivion in armored kill. And they didn't back any of these out in the aftermath patch :(

-Chopper Gunner Flares Removed
-Stinger Range Doubled to enable it to shoot down the AC130 (and shoot choppers from further away)
-Below Radar Removed meaning you can be locked on at under 25m (and now at any heighy by stingers. Below radar is now only protection from jets)

all 3 of which made choppers almost pointlesss

Associate
I understand the stinger range one as they were pretty crap but removing air radar and flares is stupid! It's still 1 hit and disabled I guess too?

I tried the tank superiority mode and it seems alright, better with a good team I guess as it was all over the place when I played it last night.

Caporegime
The key to tank superiority is to unlock guided missile on the Tank Destroyer, then just sit back at the back of the map and lock on from so far away the enemy team couldn't possibly shoot you with a normal weapon.

Then equip IR smoke to break enemy locks when they copy you and use the same weapon.

= profit.

Associate
Yeah, thought as much haha, will try and unlock guided missile for it! I was alright when I got into a normal tank. Just seem to die all the time in the destroyer ones.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Yeah choppers got nerfed into oblivion in armored kill. And they didn't back any of these out in the aftermath patch :(

-Chopper Gunner Flares Removed
-Stinger Range Doubled to enable it to shoot down the AC130 (and shoot choppers from further away)
-Below Radar Removed meaning you can be locked on at under 25m (and now at any heighy by stingers. Below radar is now only protection from jets)

all 3 of which made choppers almost pointlesss

It is pretty stupid how easy it is for somebody with an IGLA/Stinger to shoot down the attack helo, even if you know the map and where to dodge you get shot down most of the time, if you have more than one person with an AA missle you're done for.

Caporegime
Yep

One to lock on and force you to fire your ECM. Then his mate just needs to wait for your ECM to run out and he can lock on and take you down.

Once you get locked on you've got 5 seconds to leave the AO and get out of range or find a suitable hill or building to hide behind. Its stupid.

Back
Top Bottom