*** Infestation: Survivor Stories ***

Soldato
Also, ouch:

That's 116 squares, which gives us a total of 9.7417 square kilometres.

There are margins of error of course. The height of the character throws things out of whack considerably, but not enough to get even close to a 100 square kilometre result: if we'd assumed each character was seven feet tall that would give the map an area of around 14 square kilometres. If you count every square on the map, accessible or not, you'd still only get 21.5 square kilometres. If you assumed that walking pace was something much faster, say 6mph, the map size goes up to 35-40 square kilometres. Without a reliable standard it's difficult to come up with an exact result. But 100 square kilometres isn't it.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/article/how-big-war-zs-map

Soldato
This is rather good:
If you think thats class.. check these quotes:

dont know why people didnt see this would happen ... that the army of dayz fans / hackers / gamers would buy it off steam and then ask for a refund just to mess with the game more

i totally agree with what youre saying, people are trying to make the game look a lot worse than it is! i think the game is awesome! and they need the flaws so they can correct them before release. peps back off

Soldato
So the developers are gonna cut and run with everyone's money and shut the game down? That's a shame because this is infinitely better than DayZ and will go somewhere one day, slowly, but faster than anything else in the genre at the moment. Talk about shortsightedness.

Soldato
Seen that earlier, he sounds like a total sociopath.. And GS need to look into the actions of Sergey and Xsolla outside of Steam. Their actions are not accidents or errors; they clearly lie, trick, bully and blackmail their customers.

In Sergeys defense, these fanboys stroking his ego might well have played a significant part in his delusions that all is fine.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-war-z
1.1/10 :o

Soldato
So what's going on, are they actually refusing to carry on development and running away? Or is everyone going nuts cause development isn't fast enough? I can't tell if its two conmen having the industry by it's nuts or whether it's just entitled customers demanding the finished product way before it can be delivered. I played the game as a trial and it seemed to play fine, everything was there and working. It did feel exactly the same as DayZ but much better, more polished and built for purpose, like a Ferrari compared to DayZ's MR2 with a 30 grand turbo gaffa taped and super glued to the engine.

Soldato
I've no idea what is going on, don't think we've had an official statement from hammerpoint interactive yet.

They've just been hit HARD by the Internet today so I would expect a lot of backtracking and apologies. Then again they could disappear from the face of the earth.

Just seen how much the game looks like war inc but with a few changes :(

Back
Top Bottom