***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Soldato
Enough of the Windows 8 flame wars guys, there are other threads for that. This is a Lumia 920 and WP8 thread. Let's keep it that way and let's keep it civilised... like the way it has been for the last 5700 posts!

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Enough of the Windows 8 flame wars guys, there are other threads for that. This is a Lumia 920 and WP8 thread. Let's keep it that way and let's keep it civilised... like the way it has been for the last 5700 posts!

Agreed!

Soldato
Sorry, I shouldn't have taken the bait. You know it's not going to end well when someone ends a post with "I don't want to start a flame war but..." :D

Soldato
Out of interest has anyone got the wireless charging stand with NFC yet? Tempted to pick one up for bedside use, just need a decent "night stand" app to go with it.

Soldato
Out of interest has anyone got the wireless charging stand with NFC yet? Tempted to pick one up for bedside use, just need a decent "night stand" app to go with it.

No but that's some expansive stand, which I'll attempt to replicate using the free wireless plate, Lego and NFC sticker. Will update when I get my lego kit when my family visit this Christmas!

Associate
yeah instore only. saw it mentioned on hotukdeals. not actually been in myself

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I was not going to bother getting the Lumia until after Xmas but this has persuaded me otherwise!

Can you send me the link please? I couldn't see it on hotukdeals. Also trying to work out if you still get the headphones and charging plate for free or if that deal has expired..

Last edited:
Associate
Got my charging plate yesterday loving it. Wouldn't mind the stand though as my old logitech radio/alarm i used for my 3gs is surplus to requirements now and ugly.

Anyone got a stand? Where best place to get one?

Also in terms of speaker or dock, what are you using? Is the jbl wireless speaker recommended? Or would something like the dre beats speaker pill be better? Any suggestions?

Associate
Got my Lumia 920 couple of days ago and absolutely love it. I'm not an extreme mobile user (my last phone had real buttons and no wifi) but I like to have some luxuries.
Can anyone reccomend a good book reader and a place where you can get free books

Soldato
Got my Lumia 920 couple of days ago and absolutely love it. I'm not an extreme mobile user (my last phone had real buttons and no wifi) but I like to have some luxuries.
Can anyone reccomend a good book reader and a place where you can get free books

Get Amazon Kindle App, grab their free classics book.
There are the odd apps that's ok but the Kindle App suits me enough to look beyond.

Associate
yeah instore only. saw it mentioned on hotukdeals. not actually been in myself

Just spoke to one of my local stores (trying to locate one who'll sell a 920 on PAYG). They confirmed the 20% off for today. They had a 920 in, and just went to get confirmation they were allowed to sell it as payg (something about a memo telling them phones they were NOT allowed to sell ?!?).

Hopefully they'll say it's all ok, and he confirmed the price at £319 + £10 topup... £329 all in looks to be a bargain for this phone.

Associate
Got my charging plate yesterday loving it. Wouldn't mind the stand though as my old logitech radio/alarm i used for my 3gs is surplus to requirements now and ugly.

Anyone got a stand? Where best place to get one?

Also in terms of speaker or dock, what are you using? Is the jbl wireless speaker recommended? Or would something like the dre beats speaker pill be better? Any suggestions?
Everywhere I checked quotes January for stands availability. In term of speakers, I read a couple of reviews that were very positive about it except that it's very expensive (close to £300). If you can afford it, I would pick this one over another as it has wireless charging and nfc built-in.

Edit: 100 posts! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom