How old is your dog?

Soldato
Sorry to hear that :( We've got a 14yr old Yorkie

He has really bad dementia and really isnt all there any more. He can go from lying down to barking at random and doesnt stop... dont think he will be around much longer after xmas.

Caporegime
8 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Apparently their average life span is around 9 years. :( It doesn't feel like we've even had him that long.

Soldato
Sorry to hear about your dog! It's like losing a family member when they go. My dog is only 2 now, also called Alfie. He's a cross between a pug and a shih tzu. He's a nightmare but I would be lost without him.

All my other dogs have been boxers and were put to sleep at 2 years, 9 years and nearly 11 years old all due to cancer. Don't think there's a day that goes by where I don't think about them.

Associate
got a 14 year old Collie cross who is like Peter Pan he acts and plays like he is about 5 and is all there and more. he is such an active and friendly dog

also a springer spaniel who is a year and half who cant keep up with the collie haha

Last edited:
Soldato
8 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Apparently their average life span is around 9 years. :( It doesn't feel like we've even had him that long.

That seems very short for such a small dog?

My German/Belgian shepherd is getting on for 9 now and still acts like a puppy, I think his eyesight is going though.

Soldato
I rescue Boxer dogs and usually take the older ones. They are from about 6-7 years old after they have out lived their usefulness for breeding. Because of their lifestyle they are not always in the best of health (underweight, nervous problems) but adapt quickly and well to house life.

The problem is they don't usually live much older than 10 and a couple have only scrapped 9. My partner and I just try to give them the best life we can for their last few years.

Back
Top Bottom