Need some advice about losing a receipt!

Soldato
Hey guys,

I bought a Galaxy Note Tablet on the 27th November from a well known electrical store (Indian foods). Really it is a gift from my wife for Christmas but I bought it using my credit card as there was a £80 cash back offer after 30 days which she wouldn't have bothered to claim back!

Well the other day she wrapped it up for me and apparently told me that she had set the receipt 'somewhere' which I can't remember her saying! She's pregnant at the minute and is getting quite worked up with things like this so I told her not to worry about it and I would sort it out! We've turned the house upside down and can't find it anywhere. It may well have been thrown out as it looked like a leaflet although I usually check things before binning them!

Does anyone know if the store would be willing to get me a copy of the receipt? I have worked in several retail stores and know this is possible but I also known when it comes to things like cash back stores will do what they can to get out of it. If I can't get a copy would my credit card statement be sufficient proof of purchase should anything go wrong with it?

Thanks

Matt

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Ask for a copy of your receipt, you shouldn't have to tell them why you need a copy.

If you don't want to tell them it's so you can claim cashback, then just say you're worried it could develop a problem and wish to have a receipt incase you need to take it back / get it repaired.

Soldato
if you know the rough date/time, (and if you had to enter your personal details to get the phone it's be easier) it's easily possible on EPOS systems to print previous receipts.

Best bet, go in and ask them.

Soldato
OP
I can't find a telephone number directly to the store so I've emailed customer services. I've had no experience with their customer services before, does anyone know if they are generally helpful? As for my credit card bill, is that enough to prove my proof of purchase if they can't provide me with a receipt? I know it's not going to get me the cash back though

Soldato
Did you give your details when you purchased it. Currys/PCWorld do have a system that keeps a record of all purchases you make. But I believe it only works when you're asked to provide details.

Soldato
Any retail store I've ever worked at has had a way of pulling up a copy of a reciept as long as you can give them enough details to track it down. I imagine the serial number of the tablet would be something they could search by, which would make it easy to find.

I wouldnt mention the cashback bit, just say you've lost your reciept and your accountant is asking for it or something.

Back
Top Bottom