***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
Thats the special offer which expired on 24th December. It was £329.00 with WESC headphones and a charging plate.
I think its back up to £400 now.

I know it's yellow! LOL...But i was wondering if any one has any real world experiences of the black and the yellow versions?

Thanks

Associate
Yeah if anything it's got to be the best battery I've seen on a smartphone ever...

With the new software update, people are saying it gets even better.

I'm pretty impressed with it, but there are some rogue apps that'll spoil your batteries day if you're not careful.

Caporegime
Thats the special offer which expired on 24th December. It was £329.00 with WESC headphones and a charging plate.
I think its back up to £400 now.

Crapola :(

Think ill wait till its readily available in o2 or carphone warehouse, handier than trotting down town. Just hope they dont take the pish with the price.

Caporegime
Or an Apple? :p

Touché :p

Anyone any comments on the pricing at ee stores? according to this guy he got it for £329 with charger and headset.

EE did it for me on the £36pm full monty contract but gave me a loyalty discount, got the phone for £30, 2 additional PAYG SIM cards, changed it to £32pm also I asked if they could throw in a free charging block, which then then did.

I know it's yellow! LOL...But i was wondering if any one has any real world experiences of the black and the yellow versions?

Thanks

I'd imagine it would be very bright :p - Can't say I've seen one though. The white one was nice in the flesh when I tested in store but I prefer the black :)

With the new software update, people are saying it gets even better.

I'm pretty impressed with it, but there are some rogue apps that'll spoil your batteries day if you're not careful.

Nice to hear, I'll have to update mine :) - When did the software update come out? Or is it not out yet?

Soldato
MeiFeng or Rock branded cases, it's textured, almost sand blasted type, and being extremely flushed to the phone, it doesn't add bulk. Dropped my phone on Christmas eve, on a solid rock. Top left corner of my phone case too the brunt and left a small ding on my phone instead.

Should have been my face, was like Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Case is slightly scuffed but still functioning. Good investment for £5 from China.

Caporegime
MeiFeng or Rock branded cases, it's textured, almost sand blasted type, and being extremely flushed to the phone, it doesn't add bulk. Dropped my phone on Christmas eve, on a solid rock. Top left corner of my phone case too the brunt and left a small ding on my phone instead.

Case is slightly scuffed but still functioning. Good investment for £5 from China.

This one looks quite nice

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Accessori..._MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item5aebe2f12f

Hard to tell if it properly covers the top leaving only a hole for the headphones though.

Still undecided on colour since ive no clue what colours the stores will have in, seems to be mainly black at present. White or red phone preferably.

Soldato
The case Gerard posted is similar to what a few of us got.

It doesn't cover the top and bottom BUT the edge from the side protects corner dropping. Thus far, I've not had issue with dropping it and landing full on top or bottom flat. Corner tends to hit first. (Both 920 and 800 survived)

I have absolutely no issue with flash catching. Plenty of clearance. The black also don't reflect the flash. Avoid those plastic/rubber ones, those are horrid for flash flare.

Soldato
Thought I'll share a couple of shots from my meal with family...

QhPbG.jpg
No flash, light only from a small window on the right and a larger but a lot further away window from the left. Resized, no edits.

0lo2A.jpg
Used a photo timer, resized, slight saturation (+8 on Thumba). No flash. Light from left, curtained but room lit with 2 10w eco lights over heads.

This is one capable camera!

Associate
Dude its a bright yellow phone...just google pictures of it :p

I have the yellow, its bright and cool and even PROPER apple fanboys i know think it looks good, one bought the red instead of the ip5 because he saw mine and would have bought the yellow if i hadn't got one. Personal preference (obviously) and i have no class and I'm colour-blind ;)

Soldato

Agreed. Both cases really look the part and could actually pass as the phone at a quick glance. Smart, light, functional and sexah :)

Back
Top Bottom