***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
I installed myBattery today after reading about it on Windows Phone Central. Seems more reliable than the other app (which I can't remember the name of!).

It keeps the graphs for 7 days which I like.

Soldato
I installed myBattery today after reading about it on Windows Phone Central. Seems more reliable than the other app (which I can't remember the name of!).

It keeps the graphs for 7 days which I like.

Other one is probably Battery Level for WP8. Which I believe every man and his dog is currently using :) Might give this a whirl.

Also love the fact that wordament is on iOS, means the missus will stop stealing my phone and we can actually play against each other now :D

Although not sure how sensible it was have one of the best games on WP8 on iOS, could have kept that exclusive!

Caporegime
The case Gerard posted is similar to what a few of us got.

It doesn't cover the top and bottom BUT the edge from the side protects corner dropping. Thus far, I've not had issue with dropping it and landing full on top or bottom flat. Corner tends to hit first. (Both 920 and 800 survived)

I have absolutely no issue with flash catching. Plenty of clearance. The black also don't reflect the flash. Avoid those plastic/rubber ones, those are horrid for flash flare.

Hmm, might look for one that covers the top and bottom, would prefer to have as much of it covered as possible. Might try for a s-line gel case.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm, might look for one that covers the top and bottom, would prefer to have as much of it covered as possible. Might try for a s-line gel case.

I had an s-line gel case as a stop gap. They are OK, but they add bulk to the phone and they covered the buttons which I personally didn't like. I also thought it felt cheap... Which it was being sub £2. The only good point was the extra grip it gave you. But having such a gorgeous phone with what is a hideous case (and it was), is just criminal!

Soldato
Any Halo 4 players?

I am still massively peed off at this issue
000NB.jpg
Smart Glass don't work on my Lumia 920, Windows 8. Lumia 800 don't work either. So what the heck is Windows Phone 7+???

Argh.

Associate
Just got my unlock code through from fonefunshop.co.uk and managed to unlock my phone to use on O2.

I used the following APN and MMS settings if anyone else needs the info

http://mobileworld.appamundi.com/bl...12/11/16/nokia-lumia-930-and-o2-settings.aspx

All seemed fine, however my phone just black screened and wouldn't turn on etc. I managed to turn it back on by doing a soft reset - holding down power and down volume until phone vibrates and it seems to be working again. Just hope it doesn't keep happening.. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Associate
I've just got my sim code from fonefunshop.co.uk however when I put the code in that was supplied I get sim error. i try the code again same error message and the counter stays on 9!

anyone else had this?

Associate
guys,

I contacted clove today about the 4G issue where the handset does not use 4G or is not available. This is their STUPID response. what a rip off from a handset which is now supposed to be "replaced" to lock to an EE handset! you could have just bought the locked EE handset on PAYG cheaper than clove/expansys but not only that, include it within the contract for a few quid!

Mr xxxx

Sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your Nokia Lumia 920.

We have been advised by Nokia that the handset is 4G ready, but for consumers trying to use the EE 4G network and have purchased directly from Clove that you are required to contact the Nokia Careline on 0845 0455555 and request a swap to an EE locked device.

Please be aware however that you will lose the ability to have other networks SIM in use once the device is swapped due to the SIM lock. The Nokia manufacturers limited warranty will transfer to the swapped phone.

so whats the point on selling unlocked devices?!

Associate
I've just got my sim code from fonefunshop.co.uk however when I put the code in that was supplied I get sim error. i try the code again same error message and the counter stays on 9!

anyone else had this?

I also got 2 codes the first one failed and the second worked! you will have to contact them.

Associate
guys,

I contacted clove today about the 4G issue where the handset does not use 4G or is not available. This is their STUPID response. what a rip off from a handset which is now supposed to be "replaced" to lock to an EE handset! you could have just bought the locked EE handset on PAYG cheaper than clove/expansys but not only that, include it within the contract for a few quid!

so whats the point on selling unlocked devices?!

The problem with various networks is that the device needs to be fully tested and compatible for the frequency and network. This is why when phones become officially available in any country, they have already been through the testing process and have had software/firmware tweaks applied.

I am quite sure that if you put in an Orange or T-Mobile sim, it will work however as EE is on a different band altogether and having its own teething issues, it will probably not work with your unlocked phone. As 4G/LTE is very new everywhere, it may take a while before users can swap sims and use LTE speeds globally.

EDIT: I wouldnt put it past EE to tell device manufacturers to put their (EE working only) firmware on devices so that only such phones will connect to their network. This would give them some benefits and limit surprises in terms of network downtime. It is a poor shortcut on their part however it is a stop gap solution to avoid network problems (that they are still having)

Last edited:
Associate
How many weeks / days does it take for the free charger order to be fulfilled? My husband just bought a Nokia Lumia 820 from P4U so now we can apply for a free charger. However as we are leaving end of Jan, I am wondering if we would receive one in time or not?

Associate
quecksilver - you maybe are not aware or missed my point :)

I have an unlocked 4G lumia 920 device from clove.
I have an EE Contract which is 4G with a 4G Sim card.
I pop in the sim card

I do not get 4G!

Associate
So my screen cracked last night :(

It didnt even fall that far, foot and a half maybe, but the bottom corner looks like it took most of the impact. From the bottom of the camera button its cracked across the whole screen. To say i wasnt happy last night is an understatement!

Took it to an approved Nokia care place this afternoon, and collecting it tomorrow morning, £120 fitted.

Not best pleased, as I ordered a case on boxing day that arrived this morning, am sure that the case would have saved it, as I think it only cracked because it landed on the corner. Luck of the draw with how it lands I guess!

Associate
firehawk - yes i missed that you are on EE contract entirely.:o

but the point remains valid, it has to do more with the bands and spectrum of each provider. How do I know this?

about 18 months ago, I got a nokia device to test (in Pakistan). The official launch had been pushed back for 1 month already and they were still not ready to release it. After a lot of pestering, I got my hands on the device before its launch. I popped in my SIM and it worked just fine. I played with it over the weekend, wrote a review and then sent it back to Nokia.

They still didnt launch it for another 6 weeks. Why? Their official 'reason' was that they were experiencing network problems with some of the mobile network providers and couldnt launch till they were all ok with it. Considering that there are about 4 providers in total and none of them on anything vastly different from each other (such as GSM, CDMA, LTE mix) I couldnt see what their problem was or why would it be complicated.

Anyhow, the EE story rings in the same tone which is why I think they are actually on a stop gap solution of an EE only firmware that will work 4G. If I were you, I'd ask EE to give me a free Lumia 920 handset to work with their pricey contract (i am assuming you are paying a lot);)

Last edited:
Associate
thanks
yes im paying a lot but this is stupid and ridiculous because a customer (me) pays a lot for the unlocked device but doesnt expose all the features and functionality.
furthermore no where does it state clearly about this problem.

Associate
I agree. It seems very stupid and I think all salesmen should clearly inform their potential customers before selling contracts or devices. However many dont know or dont care.

On boxing day, my husband and I went to 3 P4U shops before we found a Lumia 820 device in stock and a willing salesman.

He incidentally also knew something about networks and phones (which is very surprising since many are very clueless about phones). He told us and the other assistants that there is false advertising on the handset flyers and all except the black 820 model was unlocked to work on any 3G network.

Associate
yes well. regardless, its a con. ive been a victim of being missold the device from P4U then getting a refund (eventually) for it. Then I got the unlocked device from Clove and only to discover this con.

we will see what happens now. Already placed a complaint to Watchdog and OfCom about it. But clove are also now chasing Nokia about this.

I also have direct contact details of a sales rep from Nokia... so I may give him a call soon.

regardless of the 4G spectrum and all that, that should automatically be configured on the phone in some way (just like the 3G around the globe). But this is just stupid. Buying an unlocked 4G from from the UK to work within the UK networks... doesnt give you 4G.

Back
Top Bottom