***** PlayStation Vita Official Thread *****

Associate
Got a vita for Christmas. Assassin creed box with 4gb card.

Also got uncharted separately as physical game card

Now started playing uncharted which is great.

Went to download creed but only have 700mb left on card.
Has uncharted installed itself on memory card? There was a system update as other possibility.

Thanks for any help.

Soldato
My Vita is getting by far the most playtime out of my consoles (360/PS3/Wii/3DS/PSP) these days, quite sad that it's got so much negative press :(

I think my five favourite games so far are :

1. Virtue's Last Reward (If you do plan to play this I highly recommend playing 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors on DS first)
2. Persona 4 Golden
3. Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour
4. Sonic & All-stars Racing Transformed
5. Everybody's Golf

And there are so many other good games that I've got (NFS MW, Gravity Rush, WipEout 2048, PS All-Stars, LittleBigPlanet) that other people rate highly! On top of that I really want DJ Max Technika Tune... Getting bored of correcting people when I'm told "VITA HAS NO GAMES LOL" :(

Last edited:
Soldato
i currently have an 8gb card, want to get the biggest possible as 8 isn't enough if yo7u have digital copies of a few games
I take it I can use the ps3 or pc to back up what's on the current card then transfer it to the bigger card ?

Associate
i currently have an 8gb card, want to get the biggest possible as 8 isn't enough if yo7u have digital copies of a few games
I take it I can use the ps3 or pc to back up what's on the current card then transfer it to the bigger card ?

Yes. I just did a backup of the old card to PC swapped the new card in and then did a restore from the PC. Worked great.

Associate
Got a Vita about 3 weeks ago and I'm absolutely loving it so far. Bought LBP and Ridge Racer and imported Person 4 Golden. Add the PS+ content and I've got a nice little library of games. Only real complaint is the cost of the memory cards. My 16GB is nearly full already!
Thinking about Sega Racing transformed and Everybodys Golf next.

I'm glad I got LBP. It's perfect for the vita and they have included the touch and motion controls without making them annoying.

I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this. Never really got into the PS3 games but the Vita version is great and a perfect fit for the system.

Soldato
Got a Vita about 3 weeks ago and I'm absolutely loving it so far. Bought LBP and Ridge Racer and imported Person 4 Golden. Add the PS+ content and I've got a nice little library of games. Only real complaint is the cost of the memory cards. My 16GB is nearly full already!
Thinking about Sega Racing transformed and Everybodys Golf next.

I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this. Never really got into the PS3 games but the Vita version is great and a perfect fit for the system.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Sega Racing. It's pretty decent!

Associate
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Sega Racing. It's pretty decent!

Been hearing a lot of good things, definitely going to grab it soon.

Still holding off on buying Persona 4 in the hopes that we get a Solid Gold Edition here when it's released in February :p

Gonna buy the game again when its released here anyway to show my support, but I would love a Solid Gold Edition or at least some sort of special edition. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Associate
The Mrs got me a Vita for Christmas and it's brilliant, it's so much better than I thought it would be.

I think as I get older, a growing factor in my playtime is convenience - and the Vita is just that. It's so easy to pick it up, play for a bit, sleep it and then re-visit it later. It probably sounds silly to most, but sometimes I just can't be bothered turning on the PS3, putting a disk in, waiting 5 mins for the game to load, etc, if I know I'm only going to be playing for less than 1hr.

With PS+, I got the Platinum trophy on Gravity Rush - really liked it, it was something new and different, but I don't quite understand peoples opinion of it being GOTY or anything, the combat was really frustrating at times. Waiting for a sale on the DLC (one of the guys on the EU blog said he's working on it in a comment.)

Also got FIFA Football, as the other half didn't realise FIFA 13 was the newer version when she got it - doesn't bother me though, 13 is just a roster update. Took a bit of getting used to, but I like it, easy pick up and play game.

The Mrs loved Tales: Mutant Blobs attack, she was on my Vita more than me when I first got it as she loved it, she also plays the PS1 Crash Bandicoot as it was free on PS+ last year.

Currently going through Final Fantasy 8 again re-living the glory, waiting on my 32gb memory card from Amazon so I can put MK and Uncharted on there, only got a 4gb at the minute.

All in all really happy with this, couldn't imagine not having a handheld now!

Associate
Love reading these first impressions :D It's a shame Sony are awful at marketing because it really is a good bit of kit :(

I know! From what you hear from people and on websites, it makes the Vita sound really poor and just not worth it. There is a great selection of games to choose from and the hardware itself is top stuff. Plus with PS+, you really can't go wrong.

My only worry for the Vita is Sony themselves - they REALLY need to market it better, if sales don't pick up then no one will make games for it, and it'll turn into a catch 22. I hope it doesn't go that way and this is just a slow start.

Soldato
I've been absolutely hooked on Virtue's Last Reward for the last week, the actual gameplay element is prob only about 20% of the game but the story is awesome and branches off to give you a heap of endings (about 20 by the look of it). Definitely worth picking it up if you want something a bit different or if you enjoyed 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors on the DS since it's a direct sequel (you don't lose much if you haven't played it but it's worth reading up just to get the best experience).

After this I have to choose between more Tactics Ogre or starting up MGS Collection (never played MGS2 or MGS3) or starting up Persona 4.

At the moment I play on the Vita more than my other consoles (360/PS3/WiiU) combined so it's certainly earning its keep!

Soldato
I really wish they could have had a XMB style menu instead of the current bubbles. With the option to use the themes you have downloaded for the ps3.

It looks so good when using cross play compared to now :) it could work too.

Soldato
I really wish they could have had a XMB style menu instead of the current bubbles. With the option to use the themes you have downloaded for the ps3.

Yeah, me too. This is the main reason I'd love for the Vita to be hacked, CUSTOM THEMES!

The XMB or something along those lines would be so much nicer on the Vita.

Caporegime

Same, I hate the bubbles with a passion, the XMB is much nicer to use and to look at.

Back
Top Bottom