Best place for a curry near the Bullring (B'ham)?

Soldato
Hi all, just wondering if anyone can recommend any good Indian restaurants in Birmingham near the Bullring? Going down in a few days and staying near there but my knowledge of good eateries around there is lacking.

Anyone know of any good ones, upmarket or standard i'm open to anything?!

Soldato
was about the bullring a few years back, at the Alexandra Theatre, i ate at a few places.

cant remember any in particular, but all were good, wasnt let down once.

and that is saying something, because as far as i am concerned, Birmingham is the biggest **** hole on this planet, and i cant say better about the people.

sry if this offends anyone, it is just my single point of view.

Soldato
There's a few, though there is one near the pool clubs that was horrible (was sick the grease stuff everywhere the next day). Most are good, just rock up and see have a look, theres one up some stairs heading towards the main road that is good (worst description but I never remember my trips to brum these days)

Soldato
Depends if you're willing to walk a few minutes. I've had two good meals at itihaas near snow hill on newhall st. It's a bit more posh than your average ruby, but decent for an occasion. Milan's is well rated and pretty much across the road. If you want to get a balti you could jump in a cab to ladypool road and take your pick.

Associate
If you can get 10 mins from the bullring I suggest Akbars on the Hagley road, easily the best in Brum. Puts all others to shame in the West Midlands IMO, they also make the biggest Nan breads ever, something you need to see if you haven't already they really are amazing.

Permabanned
Hi all, just wondering if anyone can recommend any good Indian restaurants in Birmingham near the Bullring? Going down in a few days and staying near there but my knowledge of good eateries around there is lacking.

Anyone know of any good ones, upmarket or standard i'm open to anything?!

I remember eating at a place which had a thai/curry twist to it, don't remember the name though, but it was pretty decent.

Associate
If you can get 10 mins from the bullring I suggest Akbars on the Hagley road, easily the best in Brum. Puts all others to shame in the West Midlands IMO, they also make the biggest Nan breads ever, something you need to see if you haven't already they really are amazing.

I've not been personally but I have also heard good things about Akbars too.

Back
Top Bottom