*** The OcUK Ultima 10.1 Thread ***

Soldato
Did you as Eken why the sound is low as well gibbo or was that just because the speakers are so small.

Also is overclokers refunding return postage for all the faulty 10.1 Tablets.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Did you as Eken why the sound is low as well gibbo or was that just because the speakers are so small.

Also is overclokers refunding return postage for all the faulty 10.1 Tablets.

Small speakers, volume could be better but we find most of them the volume is not adequate enough from the speakers built in. Best to use a small external speaker or headphones with most tablets unless it has dual speakers or is an Ipad. Unfortunately most have quite low volume.

Soldato
Does anyone else find that when trying to slowly scroll lists they end up 'clicking' on an item either right at the start or when they finish?
I also find that when trying to scoll on a webpage it has a bit of a fit and starts zooming in and out every time I touch the screen. Then when I drag to scroll what ends up happening is I change the zoom level by dragging.

Not sure if this is an issue with this tablet's input or if it much more general issue across android tablets.

I'm considering sending this back and paying the extra for a Nexus 7.
Pity about the dead pixel and other small annoyances as it doesn't seem like it'd be a bad tablet.

Soldato
so will ocuk QC these before they are shipped? obviously you have to remove from packaging to do this but i don't want to buy one that may or may not work!

They wont do that, i asked and they refused.

Also is overclocks refunding return postage for all the faulty 10.1 Tablets.

Look how Gibbo replied... He ignored the real questions lol

Small speakers, volume could be better but we find most of them the volume is not adequate enough from the speakers built in. Best to use a small external speaker or headphones with most tablets unless it has dual speakers or is an Ipad. Unfortunately most have quite low volume.

OcUK Staff
They wont do that, i asked and they refused.

Look how Gibbo replied... He ignored the real questions lol

Hi there

Faulty items, it is our company policy to refund shipping if an item is faulty. This is standard policy for us.

What other questions have I ignored?

Sorry I've missed some questions, but hey guys I am not perfect answering questions late on a Sunday night and now on New Years Eve, I am sat emailing the factory at midnight on a Sunday asking questions and provinding the answers as I get them.

Regarding QC checking any more before we ship them out, those are you RMA'ing them we can QC check your replacement, just ask the tech guy to do so and if they refuse just point this reply out to them.

About QC'ing the current stock, right now we can't due to how busy we are but I am going to try and get this done later this week so I can remove any potential issue stock, but the issue as always is I might QC check them and think it is fine but have missed a dead pixel as they are not always the easiest things to spot.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the updates Gibbo, much appreciated.

Regarding speakers/headphones when I use headphones on mine I get noise interference, makes it unpleasant to use headphones. How is yours?

Can you also try connecting the tablet via HDMI because mine would not work last night.

Can you confirm what your pixel/dirt policy is on these tablets?

Thanks.

Associate
Well dispite some of the issues the minority of us are experiencing, still happy I order this from OCUK.

Returned mine for replacement on Friday, OCUK received it Saturday and email just received to confirm replacement is on the way.

Can't fault that !

Diddy

Associate
Gibbo,

Regarding QC and dead pixels, just power it up, goto the google mail app i think, as it is a vitrually an all white screen, it will ask you to register and the keybioard will float up, so just float it back down and you will then have a virtually white screen without have to install anything or modify any setting.

Then just peel the screen cover back and any dead pixels/dirty spec should then show quite easily.

Diddy

OcUK Staff

Regarding speakers/headphones when I use headphones on mine I get noise interference, makes it unpleasant to use headphones. How is yours?

Can you also try connecting the tablet via HDMI because mine would not work last night.

Thanks.

I used the headphones to watch Merlin HD and the sound seemed fine, I shall check some music and stuff tonight, but I don't recall any hissing or interference.

Normally best test it to just crank volume to max and see if any background noise.

I shall test HDMI shortly if I can and report back.

Associate
received mine today, 1 stuck pixel which cleared after playing a video file, sound is very low
(whats the best plug in speaker to boost sound) crashed after 5 mins while trying to connect to my wifi, still haven't managed to connect yet.

OcUK Staff

Thanks.

Mike

I just tested 20 tablets in HDMI.

None of them worked! :(

Then I thought this can't be right............

So I powered it from the mains and HDMI worked fine, seems they are designed so that HDMI is power via the mains.

Also I encountered another issue too which is cable dependent, some cables you need to cut back the shroud on the cable a little bit to ensure its firmly connected in. Some cables are fine, others are not, but a knife to the cable sorts that.

So first of all try mains power for HDMI, if that fails, cut back the shroud on your cable a little. :)

P.S. BBC Iplayer in HD on 1080p TV playing of the tablet is superb! :)

Soldato
OP
Mike

I just tested 20 tablets in HDMI.

None of them worked! :(

Then I thought this can't be right............

So I powered it from the mains and HDMI worked fine, seems they are designed so that HDMI is power via the mains.

Also I encountered another issue too which is cable dependent, some cables you need to cut back the shroud on the cable a little bit to ensure its firmly connected in. Some cables are fine, others are not, but a knife to the cable sorts that.

So first of all try mains power for HDMI, if that fails, cut back the shroud on your cable a little. :)

Just tried it connected to a 21" monitor and was fine. Will try the TV again but with it powered from the mains.

Back
Top Bottom