Guild Wars 2

Soldato
yes, there are plenty OcUK peeps running around Desolation. I recommend Nemeses guild the Immortals (see his sig above) as it's a friendly legion with helpful peeps :)

+1 It's a nice group of people, I was in them for the first 6-8 weeks of the game being out and only left to join friends on another server. Some really nice people though.

I'm back on desolation now but in another guild as I feel dirty and ashamed of having left Immortals in the first place :(

Soldato
Ahh yes, running in an eternal circle capping towers, what fun. Player vs Door rather than Player vs Player

In WvWvW there is no written rule saying you have to follow the pack/zerg, do what I do and run around solo looking for a loner who needs a slap :p it's way more fun.

Associate
Ahh yes, running in an eternal circle capping towers, what fun. Player vs Door rather than Player vs Player

I don't know about Immortals but WvW is totally different when running with focused guilds like JuG (above), GoD, Iron etc and is frankly a tonne of fun these days.

All the active WvW guilds on Desolation have really gone from strength to strength keeping Deso in the top tiers against the swarms of higher population servers at the same level. Unlike lower tier servers, Deso would be lucky to find any unmanned points to facerub the doors. If you are finding yourself doing this, it's because the guilds above are busy using feints and counter attacks to destroy the hoardes of enemy zergs. It literally feels like a whole different game and I love it!

We might not have the same WvW population as Elona, Abortstone or Seafarers Rest, but we do have a tonne of skills and committed WvW commanders. Deso really punches above our weight facing off against the other servers numerical superiority.

I'd recommend joining one of the WvW TS groups and running with us, you might just start enjoying it :D

Edit: How times change! Blacktide fell down to Tier 2!: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups Should be a fun week, BT put up a good fight!

Last edited:
Soldato
I enjoy the pve DE so much I'm generally doing that on alts and still enjoying it but have been getting into wvw again recently and it's a good laugh. It all depends on what you want but I avoid the Zerg and just find smaller groups to run with and have fun with, the Zerg served its purpose but it's not the be all and end all.

Utnac you clearly prefer the gear ladder system which is fine, but why pick fault if it's not your style? I had loads of fun saving up for the gear I wanted (got karma stuff so I could stick to DE) them picked my skins I liked and went for them. I prefer skill = win (even though that means I tend to lose :p) and I love getting unique gear and colours etc.Yet to see another Necro like me and already know what I'm farming for my Mesner at 80 too :D

Each to their own :)

Also I think Blacktide dropped as for two cycles the other two tier one servers double teamed them into oblivion, that and RUIN went on holiday :p

Last edited:
Associate
Any good guilds on Gandara ? pretty new to guild wars and gw2 , bought the game a few weeks back, my mesmers now lvl 80, got full exotic armour (Karma) and exotic weapons, currently at 50% world completion and working on 100% would like a guild to join for some wvw and dungeon running. soloed to 80 grouped up last night for Arah to complete my personal story and was pretty impressed with the dungeon (first one ive done).

Nice bonus, my penultimate quest gave a reward of a booster pack, xp, karma etc 3 of and i also got the exotic xmas bell in the pack !! 40g on the tp, very happy with that :D

Permabanned
+1 It's a nice group of people, I was in them for the first 6-8 weeks of the game being out and only left to join friends on another server. Some really nice people though.

I'm back on desolation now but in another guild as I feel dirty and ashamed of having left Immortals in the first place :(

Cheers, you always welcome back, we don't hold grudges .....much :D

Most people from here more than welcome to join us,

Associate
I enjoy the pve DE so much I'm generally doing that on alts and still enjoying it but have been getting into wvw again recently and it's a good laugh. It all depends on what you want but I avoid the Zerg and just find smaller groups to run with and have fun with, the Zerg served its purpose but it's not the be all and end all.

Utnac you clearly prefer the gear ladder system which is fine, but why pick fault if it's not your style? I had loads of fun saving up for the gear I wanted (got karma stuff so I could stick to DE) them picked my skins I liked and went for them. I prefer skill = win (even though that means I tend to lose :p) and I love getting unique gear and colours etc.Yet to see another Necro like me and already know what I'm farming for my Mesner at 80 too :D

Each to their own :)

Also I think Blacktide dropped as for two cycles the other two tier one servers double teamed them into oblivion, that and RUIN went on holiday :p

Skill = Win is wonderful in a game which actually requires some skill.... The gameplay in GW2 is no where near good enough to justify it's lack of carrots on sticks. Despite what it likes to think.

Soldato
Whereas other MMO's in which you stand stock relying on a healer?

No mmo requires as much input to play well, try using any other mmo tactics of stand still and spam in this and you will be dead in seconds.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Any good guilds on Gandara ? pretty new to guild wars and gw2 , bought the game a few weeks back, my mesmers now lvl 80, got full exotic armour (Karma) and exotic weapons, currently at 50% world completion and working on 100% would like a guild to join for some wvw and dungeon running. soloed to 80 grouped up last night for Arah to complete my personal story and was pretty impressed with the dungeon (first one ive done).

Nice bonus, my penultimate quest gave a reward of a booster pack, xp, karma etc 3 of and i also got the exotic xmas bell in the pack !! 40g on the tp, very happy with that :D

We're on Gandara. Army of Masks [AoM], we've been playing since GW1 so we're fairly well established with a core of players who are always around. However we're very laid back. We do a fair amount of Dungeon and Fractal runs, people of varying skill levels and play time. We've got a few WvW players, but it's not our main focus, we're mainly PvE orientated. JP, World Completion, Dungeons, Fractals, events etc.

If you'd like an invite contact me in game (Mornath Korr) and I'll get one of the officers to send one your way.

In other news I finished my Reaver of the Mists on Christmas Day :D Which was nice:

gw146.png

Fear it's purply/pinky wrath!

Looks like this in motion (not my character):

mlwZC.gif

Soldato
We're on Gandara. Army of Masks [AoM], we've been playing since GW1 so we're fairly well established with a core of players who are always around. However we're very laid back. We do a fair amount of Dungeon and Fractal runs, people of varying skill levels and play time. We've got a few WvW players, but it's not our main focus, we're mainly PvE orientated. JP, World Completion, Dungeons, Fractals, events etc.

If you'd like an invite contact me in game (Mornath Korr) and I'll get one of the officers to send one your way.

In other news I finished my Reaver of the Mists on Christmas Day :D Which was nice:

gw146.png

Fear it's purply/pinky wrath!

Looks like this in motion (not my character):

mlwZC.gif

Nice! I haven't done much fractals to be fair, haven't even bothered with the Xmas dungeon :p

How is Gandarra doing in wvw right now?

Associate
And before anyone asks, my main is an Engineer, one of the allegedly "broken" classes. Don't see it myself, I just think most people have no idea how to play the class effectively as it does take more than just facerolling ;)

I also play engineer, and I find it fun, but would quite like what the 'broken' winers are suggesting (e.g. more turret health)

Back
Top Bottom