Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
god online dating really grinds my gears at times.

messaged a girl a few days ago, i get this reply prertty sharpish

i reply next morning and have heard nothing since. now i might think fair enough prob getting used to the influx of messages etc that happens with online dating, but this is so common now for me, where her firs reply seems interested, and then i never hear from them again.

another example of someone replying just recently

she like the previous girl has been online enough.

why bother replying once and then not again?

that article linked above is a load of tosh!

Stop messaging ones with rubbish profiles on the site to boost their ego's? More pics than sentences says a lot about a girl/guy. :p

Soldato
I know it sucks some times, but don't give up hope guys! Nearly been on PoF a year and I've had no luck at all until around 3 weeks ago! Long story short 3rd date tomorrow in less than a week... looking very good :)

Soldato
There has to be a balance lol

Somewhere between 15-30 mins is acceptable in my mind lol :D

Otherwise, yes desperation and needy bolts to the surface :p

ye then i have time to go off line lol.. one girl is harassing me! i didn't reply for a day and i was online(for 30s lol) and she already started messaging me "oi" lol.

Soldato
Well after not receiving many messages despite rewriting my profile I've decided to start spamming messages out to pretty much anyone that takes my interest even if they're out my league. Lets see what happens.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
There is such a thing as trying too hard though :p

The best thing I did was quit these dating sites! Far more hassle than they are worth. (And that was only after a few weeks!)

No more trying to think of things to say in the opening messages, no more wondering why they aren't replying or suddenly stop after a few messages, no more logging on to see who's visited me or stressing over whether I worded my profile appropriately!

It was like a weight was lifted, and now I can get back to enjoying being single and getting on with my life.

Soldato
So it seems sending generic happy new years message on POF is a given for a reply, sent 10 generic happy new year message and 9 replied!

This must be something to do with the brain, as it is an 'event' it is not considered wierd to message out of the blue??

Soldato
Going out with a co-worker on our 3rd date this saturday. But im not really sure whats going on. The first and second date went really well but that was about 3 weeks ago. She has a very active social life, shes out pretty much every weekend so its hard to get a date with her. We get on fine at work, but out of work im texting her (we have probably texted each other about 10 times since me first asking her out in late november) and if i see her on facebook its mostly me saying hello first.
I asked her for the 3rd date and shes up for going out.So im kinda confused i think she likes me else she would have turned me down. But on the other hand there doesnt seem to be much effort in contacting me.

Soldato
But on the other hand there doesnt seem to be much effort in contacting me.

So a girl doesn't contact you, Unless its a reply to something you've said.

Yeah I'm really wondering if she "likes" you too.

Either take it for how obvious it seems, or take things further and ask her if she thinks things are going anywhere further than friendship.

Personally, I'd assume she just wants to be friends and go with that.

Soldato
Guy no.1 that I mentioned before, just won't leave me alone..........

91762833.jpg

Crazy much?! Seriously, when someone doesn't reply to your messages for a month.... You take a hint and leave them alone.... :rolleyes:
Oh dear, this guy messaged me at half 3 this morning to say "Happy new year Tina x".... I feel rude if I ignore him but then if I reply then he'll probably start messaging me non stop again :o

Soldato
Mischief if i was that guy i would want you to tell me straight that your not interested. If you read my post on this page, i think i might be going through pretty much the same thing. Where i dont know where i stand with this girl, you couldnt read what i wrote and see what you think.

Soldato
Mischief if i was that guy i would want you to tell me straight that your not interested. If you read my post on this page, i think i might be going through pretty much the same thing. Where i dont know where i stand with this girl, you couldnt read what i wrote and see what you think.
I've made it clear to him before. We've not even been on a date yet!! He was so keen to meet me and kept joking about marriage and me being his housewife etc so it kind of put me off a little. I said to him that I want nothing more than friends and he said he understands etc but want to meet anyway as he thinks I'm a great person from all the chats we've had. :o

Soldato
Ok that does sound a little dodgy, then im guessing your gonna have to be very clear maybe a little mean to get the point across. I know it wont be easy to do, but its for his benefit aswell as yours.

Soldato
I've made it clear to him before. We've not even been on a date yet!! He was so keen to meet me and kept joking about marriage and me being his housewife etc so it kind of put me off a little. I said to him that I want nothing more than friends and he said he understands etc but want to meet anyway as he thinks I'm a great person from all the chats we've had. :o

Hello, Tina.

obsessivebloke.png

I really miss our chats.

obsessivebloke.png

Let's ride off into the sunset together. X X X

obsessivebloke.png

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom