*** The OcUK Ultima 10.1 Thread ***

Soldato
As I have said I would keep it if it worked, the screen is great for movies too, I was streaming from my PC last night and the movies were superb.sound wise it was good too although even with phones it was a bit weak in the volume area.

OcUK Staff
As I have said I would keep it if it worked, the screen is great for movies too, I was streaming from my PC last night and the movies were superb.sound wise it was good too although even with phones it was a bit weak in the volume area.

When I used with headphones nearly blew my head off, was capable of going very loud with headphones, but different brands of headphones will have different abilities.

Associate
awsome awsome awsome service gibbo :D will be sending mine back wednesday (already set up the rma) is it ok to call again wednesday to ammend the rma notes so it asks for the tablet to be checked before it is sent out?

Associate
8 dead pixels now, at this rate I won't have any left by the end of the week... At least this means it definitely qualifies for a return if only I could get an RMA number.

Soldato
Thread kinda exploded while I was working! :eek:

Having seen the post about QC issues I think I know why my tablet has been ok thus far: A small 'QC' sticker next to the HDMI port on the side of the tablet.

Seems I got lucky! :)

Soldato
Thread kinda exploded while I was working! :eek:

Having seen the post about QC issues I think I know why my tablet has been ok thus far: A small 'QC' sticker next to the HDMI port on the side of the tablet.

Seems I got lucky! :)

Mine had that... and was terrible lol

Associate
received mine today, 1 stuck pixel which cleared after playing a video file, sound is very low
(whats the best plug in speaker to boost sound) crashed after 5 mins while trying to connect to my wifi, still haven't managed to connect yet.

Did you read my post at the beginning of the thread about connecting to WiFi

Associate
When I used with headphones nearly blew my head off, was capable of going very loud with headphones, but different brands of headphones will have different abilities.

Very loud for me too and very clear, just listened to two albums and went through a couple of mkv,s and no hissing or noise in the background, really loud and very clear on my tablet using sennhiesers

Soldato
OP
Had my first 'freezes' with this. First one was when launching the stock browser, did a hard reset, then again shortly after when playing a video had to hard reset again.

Associate
Gibbo - crashed about 4 times today, had to hard reset each time. Pretty sure this one is dodgey. :o

Apart from the 9 that you said have been returned, how positive has the feedback been on these (excluding this thread obviously)?

Most of the time it's very responsive, but occasionally works at a snails pace/crashes.

I'd like to send this back, but don't know whether to get a replacement or a refund. If a replacement is going to have the same problems
or is likely to develop them in time then I don't see the point in asking for one. :(

Also, the USB port on the tablet doesn't hold the cables in at all - they just sit loose.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
How many people have returned them so far

13 of the 10.1" and 1 of the 7"

Percentage wise the 10.1" is still well within the norm for lower cost tablets. The record is held by a Scroll unit at 44% :( and the OcUK right now is at sub 10% with the 7" model at under 0.5% and the 10" is mainly due to dead pixels or lockups.

So at the moment we've got 200+ users who are happy on the 10" model and nearly 300 users on the 7" model.

On a whole apart from the obvious screen issues they seem good and like you say they are very quick units indeed. I've had no issues with mine, my Dad said it locked shut down on him but when I plugged it in the battery was at 0%, so putting that down to him having a dumb moment. :D

Back
Top Bottom