Quick SSD question single 512 or raid 0 256

Permabanned
Hello all, i'm ready to step into the SSD world but i'd like to get the majority of my games on the drive, so i'm thinking about going for 512gb of space, but i'm wondering if I should buy a single 512gb drive, or 2 x 256gb in raid 0? what are the pros and cons of either? and is the 840 pro better as a single drive or? any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time :)

Associate
I went from single ssd to 2xssd in raid 0 and cannot see any difference in day to day use, gaming etc... but the boot up time is now longer with raid 0 as the system loads the raid drivers at boot so actually I am going back to single ssd again next time i reinstall windows. I will use one ssd for os and other for games.

Soldato
I went from single ssd to 2xssd in raid 0 and cannot see any difference in day to day use, gaming etc... but the boot up time is now longer with raid 0 as the system loads the raid drivers at boot so actually I am going back to single ssd again next time i reinstall windows. I will use one ssd for os and other for games.

thanks interesting and good to know/ :)

Associate
single every time, raid 0 is great while it works, and as soon as it doesn't, well there's your answer why raid 0 isn't worth it unless you don't want the stuff, speed over reliability, for me 2nd one every time

Permabanned
OP
Thats true, I think i'll go with the single 512 then thank you :) it's a bit pricey but hey gotta treat yourself every once in a while right? :)

Back
Top Bottom