Old school CM ATC-111c - Fit modern system?

Soldato
OP
Whilst I think of it, what cooler are you thinking of using? The Arctic Cooling Freezers fit, but not the higher end models. I think you're limited to about 150mm tall comfortably, with 155mm at an absolute maximum. In fact...

201_arctic7.jpg

That's with an AC7 Freezer Pro, which according to the AC site is 127mm high. So stick 30mm on that and you're on case side touching territory! In fact, a bit less than that as I've just noticed the heatpipes sticking out the top.

I've not ordered a HSF yet - was gonna just build the rig with the stock intel cooler and then measure the clearance to the side of the case. I was half planning on getting a thermalright true spirit 120 but that is 145mm high so might be touch and go!

Thanks for the tip though :)

Soldato
OP
So out with the old...

P4 2.4B
Abit somethingorother
1GB RAM
Errr.. A bunch of other stuff from 10 years ago
Dust
Some more dust

old.JPG

In with the new!

Core i5 3750K
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
16GB Crucial Ballistix
Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Vapor-X
XFX ProSeries XXX Edition 850W
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

new.JPG

Never mind the shoestring, it's my temporary SSD placement mechanism (Wasn't quite on the ball and forgot I have no standard way of fitting a 2.5" drive) :)

Now just waiting for the Thermalright True Spirit 120M HSF to become available here in Norway. Pretty sure it's the only 120mm vertical fan heatsink that will fit in this case (160mm tall coolers are too big!).

Back
Top Bottom