Best projector under £800

Associate
Hello all!

Whats the best projector for 800 or less in your opinion?
I have just returned an optoma hd23 after it broke after only 2 hours use, so i am reluctant to buy an optoma again lol.

Soldato
it's only my opinion..

I did get the HC4000 about 18 months ago after doing plenty research and came to the conclusion that it really punches above it's weight .

It is possible to watch with a lamp on, but main lights, / curtains open it washes out. Im using a custom made Black out cloth 110" screen., projectoer just backed off from max zoom size My room can be totally light controlled though so that isn't an issue. I have a plasma for daytime veiwing.

No lens shift could be an issue, but it isn't for me as fortunately I can place it in the right spot.

There's a couple of massive threads on this projector on avforums / avsforums , it's a very underrated projector.

I got this just before the 3d projectors were becoming affordable, and these tend to be much brighter as they need the lumens for the 3D. ( but im not interested in 3d, I wanted the best 2D quality)

Consider whether you want DLP or LCD, imo, DLP is preferable. I think the epsons have lense shift.

You should be able to get what you need for under a grand.

If you don't need 1080p, you can get all sorts for about £500

Last edited:
Associate
Well obviously if you have the cash you want DLP for a home cinema but you will always be scraping the barrel at £800, so LCD is the your best bet. For standard 2D viewing the Epson and Pana LCD do the job.

Associate
OP
I am prepared to spend more, as i will have it for some time. What sort of price range do decent dlp pjs start at? Can anyone give some examples!!

Thankyou :)

Back
Top Bottom