***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Associate
[RXP]Andy;23469009 said:
More really positive news for Windows Phone.

Link > Click Here

Ok so its good news that Windows Phone is gaining share but considering it had such a small market share its hardly anything to write home about. If you look at the percentage of market share increase rather than the growth percentages, Windows Phone has improved its market share by less than 1% in a year where as iOS and Android have both improved their share by nearlly 8%.. I hope that Windows Phone has a great 2013 because I really want to see developers spending the time to develop quality apps on the platform. At the moment the Windows store feels like the App store from about 4 or 5 years ago.

Soldato
For those that are flashing different firmwares, Nokia are locking down access to their online firmware repository in February so navifirm will become useless.

Associate
Does anyone use the subsonic music streamer for WP8? I am getting some really annoying stuttering in tracks that are downloaded to my phone. Makes it pretty much useless.

Associate
When was the Apollo+ update meant to be coming out?
There's some confusion regarding what exactly is Apollo+. WPC at the time said it was Portico (out now in the US and next month here) that fixes bugs, reboots and keeps wifi alive.
The Verge said Apollo+ should come in Q1 with lots more features, including possibly a notification centre.
Can't tell you which to believe, I think there's a bit of truth to both.

Soldato
I think the more recent update coupled with the WiFi fix and Nokias own updates is the tehnical fix, as Apollo+ is bringing all the stuff they admitted didnt get to finish.

Associate
(reply to cu3ed)
Yeah it seems to be alright now have no idea what the issue was, deleted the contact and re put him in and I have been able to send texts to him.

Last edited:
Associate
Im not planning to...I know this sounds weird but i'm going to buy/make a micro fibre pouch for it...that way it will stay scratch free...
I have a quality screen protector which i will use...

Its a beautiful colour, it definitely accentuates the zirconium accents of the phone

Last edited:
Soldato
Got mine coming tomorrow , even managed to switch my current T-Mobile over on EE 4g and its only cost me £4 more a month for unlimited mins/texts and 500 meg data which lasts me easily, far more than I had before with mins/texts and the contract runs out the same time.

Associate
I have discovered something rather unusual.

My brother has the black 920. Using the yellow one the screen feels inverted almost...not as responsive as his. In addition i put both on auto brightness yet the colours look rather washed out on the yellow 920. On the highest brightness the background looks very very grey but on the black one this is not the case.

Really strange...:confused:

Soldato
I have discovered something rather unusual.

My brother has the black 920. Using the yellow one the screen feels inverted almost...not as responsive as his. In addition i put both on auto brightness yet the colours look rather washed out on the yellow 920. On the highest brightness the background looks very very grey but on the black one this is not the case.

Really strange...:confused:

Did you turn on High Contrast? It might be that effect causing you to think otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom