Anyone been to the Dominican Republic

Associate
Looking to book a holiday for somewhere hot in early Feb, has anyone been to the Dominican Republic and can recommend anything?

Looking for a resort type holiday on the beach (where you don't leave the resort practically).

Cheers

Caporegime
I loved walking for miles on the beach at Punta Cana. The food though, didn't agree with me for 2 weeks. It's cheap, has amazing beaches a nice all inclusive resorts.

Associate
yes not bad was on south of island , when we went usa was invading haiti so had a couple of gun ships come up our beach .(thought about waving the unionjack towel but blue on blue is good with the USA so didnt) .
Feb should be good i think we went in sept and got caught in hurricane debbie . It was fun watching all the sun loungers get lashed about , Its not sleeping in bathroom cause you got the bed upended infront of your patio doors lol

Permabanned
Nope, but a friend returned with a very interesting oil painting for me that's remained hung up in the cupboard since.

Bright orange doesn't go with much bar orange.

Thought was nice though, and it is quite funky.

I recommend not coming back with barmy artwork for friends. :)

Soldato
It is ok if you are the type of person that is happy to say on the resort, otherwise I thought the place was boring and you get hassled constantly by people trying to sell you the same old **** as the thousands of other people who hassled you already.

Soldato
I've been. Iberostar. Was bloody fantastic. Just watch out for HIV apparently it's a huge problem in their country (srs)

Man of Honour
If you just want to stay in the resort why go all that way? You will get the same experience for less money, or a better place for the same money, in southern Europe. If you are not leaving the hotel gates it won't matter where you are as long as the weather is good.

Soldato
Because its hot on a sandy beach. Don't think you can get the same temperatures in Southern Europe.

Bare in mind I am going early feb and I paid similar prices.

Hope you enjoy it!

Soldato
Royal Catalonia Bavaro in Punta Cana is awesome! Been twice, Parents have been twice (separately) and sister has been once (separately) - we can never get time to go together!

They do a non-royal side which allows kids and is cheaper but with the royal you get an adult area (it is so much better than it sounds) and use of the non-royal side.

Well worth looking it up! Any questions just ask :)

(p.s. you can go to the non-royal side and then upgrade part of your stay to the royal side which is quite good if you fancy trialing it)

Soldato
Because its hot on a sandy beach. Don't think you can get the same temperatures in Southern Europe.

Bare in mind I am going early feb and I paid similar prices.

Hope you enjoy it!

There's Egypt which is quite a bit cheaper if all you want to do is sit in a resort but better still there is a lot of worth while cultural sights to see.

Back
Top Bottom